Model Cars Magazine Forum

Michaels 60% off today 3/7/2018

1 hour ago, gbdolfans said:

Not at my store. There are some items at 60%,yarn frames,etc... Not models.

Just the usual 40% coupon for a small bunch of kits.

The coupon is valid at all stores: http://www.michaels.com/coupons/ca-coupons.html?promo=20180307_Digital_60MVS

40 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

And they have nothing new! Same tired models from a few years ago!  At least here in San Diego, CA 

We have four Michaels within a 20 mile radius, and one seems to carry more stock than the others, so it may be hit and miss. I did see the stock Revell Bronco kit at one the last time I used the 60% off coupon, and who doesn't need a sixth or seventh Revell '68 Charger R/T? :D My local stores used to have twelve or so Round2 kits, but they've never been restocked, so only ECTO-1s and Petty Sportsman kits left. <_<

2 hours ago, Casey said:

The coupon is valid at all stores: http://www.michaels.com/coupons/ca-coupons.html?promo=20180307_Digital_60MVS

We have four Michaels within a 20 mile radius, and one seems to carry more stock than the others, so it may be hit and miss. I did see the stock Revell Bronco kit at one the last time I used the 60% off coupon, and who doesn't need a sixth or seventh Revell '68 Charger R/T? :D My local stores used to have twelve or so Round2 kits, but they've never been restocked, so only ECTO-1s and Petty Sportsman kits left. <_<

I should go see if maybe they do have the Bronco in stock, could you use a third one! :lol:

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, Daddyfink said:

And they have nothing new! Same tired models from a few years ago!  At least here in San Diego, CA 

Same here on the East Coast.  Went into a Michael's last Fri.  I think the newest car kit they have is the Starsky & Hutch Torino.  The last time I was in that store, a couple of weeks ago, they had one Lindberg Little Red Wagon left, molded in white.   Thought I'd pick it up for conversion potential.  But last Fri. it was gone. 

On 3/7/2018 at 10:18 PM, slusher said:

I went to one in Nashville and all they had was a few old kits. I don't see how they stay open it was very small..

They lost any focus on model kits years ago. They carry what they do based on sales and the sad reality is that if they don't update and carry newer stuff, they will never show growth. 

Say what you will about Hobby Lobby, but they do refresh and carry new kits, maybe not like they used to but at least they have some new stuff!