Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford Business Coupe V8. Cloudmist Gray

Lovefordgalaxie

Finished this one last night. 

Since it's raining, took some indoor pictures. 

It's the final piece on my all color colection on the 1940 Ford Business Coupe, that was available in Black, Lyon Blue and Cloudmist Gray. 

All three cars were built with the extra cost color matching wheels, and whitewall tires. Also with some Ford accessories, like the rearvier mirrors. 

Hope you guys like it.

38862850370_9297dc074a_c.jpg1940 Ford Bisiness Coupe V8 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

38862842790_346518d75b_c.jpg1940 Ford Bisiness Coupe V8 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

26801943308_ca38839fce_c.jpg1940 Ford Bisiness Coupe V8 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

40631353522_3389242b05_c.jpg1940 Ford Bisiness Coupe V8 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

40631349862_b82200ef13_c.jpg1940 Ford Bisiness Coupe V8 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

39778287625_e09917a052_c.jpg1940 Ford Bisiness Coupe V8 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

39778286335_8c596cf8cc_c.jpg1940 Ford Bisiness Coupe V8 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

39963454684_ecf0338404_c.jpg1940 Ford Bisiness Coupe V8 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

39778281845_6f3e3b65d7_c.jpg1940 Ford Bisiness Coupe V8 by CCCP Digital Studio, on Flickr

Thanks a lot gentlemen!!

4 hours ago, landman said:

Gorgeous. How many of those do you have? Just curious.

Built I have four. Also built one for my cousin, so that's five. 

Also have 2 unbuilt in the box. 

One can never have enough of a model kit, it's worse than crack...

Thanks gentlemen!! Very appreciated.

4 hours ago, peekay said:

Another beautiful Ford! I think I would have chosen this colour in 1940. (But I wonder how many people who ordered it were expecting a grey car.)

That's the Ford way of naming colors. 

This is a very cool color. In sunlight it looks a greenish gray. Indoors, it looks more green. When I took pictures with my cell phone, it looked blue...

I had the paint mixed with the original formula from Ditlitzer for their FDE (Fast Drying Enamel), so I know the color is what Ford used. That being said, I also saw a LOT of forum posts on some 1:1 scale cars communities about what is the correct Cloudmist Gray, as the cars look different from picture to picture. 

I guess the restored cars they show picture of are all more or less correct, what varies is how the various picture taking devices show it. 

More or less like another Ford Color, Inca Gold, for the 1957 line. For the naked eye, it's a greenish yellow. Some pictures show the cars almost in Cannary Yellow. Others even make them to look cream. 

I built two Fords with the very same paint. Took pictures of the first one with my Fuji camera, and the car looks like painted in taxi cab yellow. 

The second one, I took pictures with my Sony camera, and it looks almost what I see with the naked eye. 

Take a look at the pictures. It's the very same paint, from the very same can. 

Inca Gold 1.jpg

Ford Fairlane 1957 023 copy.jpg

14 hours ago, Lovefordgalaxie said:

"Take a look at the pictures. It's the very same paint, from the very same can."

That is extreme. Mixing Sunfire Red for my 64 Pontiac was particularly confusing - so many different shades between gold and red on the internet. I didn't get it right.