Model Cars Magazine Forum
Matt Bacon

Ferrari FXX-K, Tamiya, 1/24

Superb, I wish I could wire-up like that!

Thanks, all... I think i'm on the home stretch now. One thing that I have learned is that whilst on other kits, sometimes "the instructions ARE just someone else's opinion", in this case, you really have to follow them, all of them...

home-straight-2.jpg

home-straight-1.jpg

home-straight-4.jpg

home-straight-3.jpg

home-straight-5.jpg

With a bit of luck, we should see this done tomorrow...

All the best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

I might have to buy this kit now! Are your nippers from a U.K company? They look really good! Still using Tamiya craft nippers, but their not bad. In Canada their like 30 bucks and Tamiya sharp are 55-60, but I always like new tools! 

Holy smokes!  Appreciate all the work you are investing in this, looks awesome!  Is there photo-etch on the radiators?

I had to watch videos of the car, Chris Harris said it's a great excuse to get rich.

Hi, all... this has popped up again I see! Thanks for the kind comments. You can find it in Under Glass here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/132263-ferrari-fxx-k-tamiya-124/

It’s finished in my “Iron Man” red — Tamiya Sprays of Metallic Red over Gold, and some TS-13 Clear, gently polished with Novus.

I used Tamiya’s etch set and carbon decals which seem to be reasonably good bang for the buck: the kit plus both sets cost me less than £50...

Thanks again!

best,

M.

Beautiful kit and great work, love all the added detail. 

On 10/25/2018 at 2:58 AM, Matt Bacon said:

It’s finished in my “Iron Man” red — Tamiya Sprays of Metallic Red over Gold, and some TS-13 Clear, gently polished with Novus.

Matt, Thank you for sharing your ‘recipe’ with us.  Looks great and I can tell you that you’ve challenged me... 

S/F, Gunner B