Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aftermarket Decals for the Moebius A990 Belvedere?

1 hour ago, oldr-n-drt said:

decals by lucas are out of business...long gone....oldr-n-drt

Appears to be still on Facebook accepting orders. Last post was from 2016. I know it was back and forth for him for a while as to closing or staying open. Not sure what he decided on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1677500802534462/

Edited by jjsipes

Thanks again guys. 

I'm most interested in what would  be available now or in the near future  for those that would be building the new Moebius A990 kits.   This subject was never really on my radar screen in the past as to build a really accurate A!990 would have been a very involved and expensive project prior to the Moebius kit breaking cover.  BTW, if you haven't seen it yet, his kit is really, really well done.  

Best regards  TIM

PS - I checked with Jack Smith at Top End Decals, who had done some very wicked good decal sheets for 1960's drag racing topics, including some pretty obscure (but cool) cars. 

Jack said that he's been really busy lately and unable to find the time to develop new offerings, but I look forward to the possibility of future developments here.....TB   

Edited by tim boyd

7 hours ago, russosborne said:

Bill, have you used any of his? How are they to work with?

Thanks,

Russ

Ive used the Lucas decals on one other build with no issues . ( the Iron Butterfly 1964 Dodge sheet )

And I would bet the seller I linked to is either Lucas or someone selling his stuff. Ive heard conflicting stories if he is still taking orders online or not

Edited by gtx6970

9 hours ago, BubbaBrown said:

Tim, was looking at MCW web tonight for something else and seen two. first was Dragon Lady and next was Herb Mccandless both for 1965 Plymouth at $10.00 each.

Joseph....thanks a bunch.   I never even thought to look at Dave's website.....should have been an obvious thing to do.  

Best regards.....TIM 

• 9 months later...
On 3/12/2018 at 6:14 AM, John Pol said:

personally I would never order from him not a good business man in my eyes

The eBay link that Bill posted is not Rick Lucas decals. It’s Bruce Sadewater, who used to work with Lucas, but is operating solo now. I’ve bought his stuff, and had zero problems. He has some nice decals that no one else carries. 

On 3/11/2018 at 8:25 PM, John Pol said:

wow that is crazy what they want for one sheet shipped $16.05 for envelope that is pure crazy

John , Shipping Costs have leaped into the unknown . Shortage of Drivers . Pat incentatives to get and keep them . Consumers Pay . Thanx .. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, tim boyd said:

Is anyone producing aftermarket decals for some of the A990 Belvederes that ran in NHRA SuperStock from 1965 through 1969?   Thanks in advance....TIM 

Hi Tim,

I do the Butch Leal tubbed Revell version not up on the site ..... 

Alan

whoopiekatdecals.com