Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '85 Mustang SVO

rsxse240

5 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Aw , man !  Perhaps a carefully wet sanding with 12,000 grit paper will dress it down ? Repaint the whole fender ; should (hopefully) blend ...

My plan exactly.  I already did it to the roof, the right rear quarter panel and the right fender.  I have plenty of experience fixing this paint, unfortunately!  Lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Brian.  I just got the tail lights painted and installed, the wing is on, most of the decals on, still have some underhood decals, the fog lamps and license plates to go.  I may still decide to blackwash the rims but definitely need to find some SVO decals for the center caps.

Thank you all for your support.  The replies, critiques and support keeps me going.

• 3 years later...
23 hours ago, fomocomav said:

Excellent build!  The clear headlights really do help the look of this kit.  I wish I would have found this sooner, to see if you made extra copies of those headlights.

Thanks, I really appreciate the compliment!  

I still have the mold for the lights, but my clear resin is bad.  I've been trying to get some non-UV blocking silicone so I can make them with UV resin for clarity and so they don't yellow.  

When I get that sorted out, I will also be doing popular tail lights for kits that come with solid red and chrome lights, so as to provide a clear paintable piece that can correctly represent clear and amber lenses on cars with multi colored tail lights, like most pickup trucks that have the reverse lights in the tail light lense.

12 hours ago, rsxse240 said:

I still have the mold for the lights, but my clear resin is bad.  I've been trying to get some non-UV blocking silicone so I can make them with UV resin for clarity and so they don't yellow.  

When I get that sorted out, I will also be doing popular tail lights for kits that come with solid red and chrome lights, so as to provide a clear paintable piece that can correctly represent clear and amber lenses on cars with multi colored tail lights, like most pickup trucks that have the reverse lights in the tail light lense.

Count me in for anything for a Mustang. 🤑

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 9:00 PM, rsxse240 said:

When you find the right resin and start making more, let me know!