Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Plymouth Road Runner

bogger44

It's been a long time coming, but I finally got something finished this year.  It's been a long time coming for me to build this kit, too.  My parents bought it for me way back when it was first released and I was something like 11 or 12 years old, and it's been lurking in the stash ever since.  Needless to say, I think it came out better now than if I had built it back then Lol!  I added AMT pad printed redline tires, added a correct air cleaner from the Revell 67 GTX, and scratched some torque boxes for the chassis.  The rear suspension was raised a tad as well.  I wanted my Hemi Runner in a subtle, unassuming color, so I decided on Tamiya TS-61 Nato Green.  The color is a little darker than the pictures show.  I cleared it with some Testors Glosscote laquer, and then polished it out with Meguiars Scratch X.  And yes, those are the clunky kit supplied tail lights, I just went with them and paint detailed them the best I could.  I wish the pictures showed it better and hadn't washed them out, but I used Testors dark red from the little bottle on the tail lights and it looks really good IMO.  Oh yeah, and the poor exhaust tips were ditched and some aluminum tubing took their place.

2v2Jp5SRWxAKN8F.jpg

2v2JprtikxAKN8F.jpg

2v2Jp5NSmxAKN8F.jpg

2v2JpNewWxAKN8F.jpg

2v2Jpr2SjxAKN8F.jpg

2v2JpNkrLxAKN8F.jpg

2v2JpNCidxAKN8F.jpg

2v2JpraKLxAKN8F.jpg

2v2JpNv6CxAKN8F.jpg

Wow, not what I was expecting when I clicked. You exceeded my expectations! That color looks great. It's very similar to, what, F5 Green, which looks SO good on these '68-'69 B-bodies. Well done and model on! B)