Model Cars Magazine Forum

82 trams am

Scalper

7 hours ago, Scalper said:

Never knew monogram did the 82 trans am. I have the mpc and revel version in my stash 

its Molded in red. So this one will be painted red with a grey interiorimage.thumb.jpg.2d9f11e0c0aa766b6fb1b6072afa08a8.jpg

I just saw my un-built one on the basement. It seems to be a very nice kit. I want to build it, but I am undecided on the color combination. I am looking forward to seeing your build. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well some progress.  Got laid off. Was busy looking for a job. Took a month but now going into my third week at key-stone. Anyways. Hers how’s she sitting now.   Lost a header for the engine. So thinking of using a nascar engine. 

785AE50B-3696-408D-8FC4-AE408C2C19BD.thumb.jpeg.19f65749a7e339422316fa016feb1511.jpeg

thanks for looking.   

1 hour ago, bisc63 said:

Really like this body style, and that color is going to work NICELY!  Is it me, or does the front end sit a bit too high? Or just a loose fitting mock-up, maybe?

Maybe it's sitting high because there's no engine! :P:P

Looks about right for a stock build in the last mockup pic to me. Tires are too large though. But that's what comes in the kit.

They do sit quite high with the stock suspension. I'd like to get new springs for mine with about 2" lowering but don't want to compromise ride quality at this time.

IMG 2373

On 3/13/2018 at 3:15 PM, Scalper said:

Never knew monogram did the 82 trans am. I have the mpc and revel version in my stash 

its Molded in red. So this one will be painted red with a grey interiorimage.thumb.jpg.2d9f11e0c0aa766b6fb1b6072afa08a8.jpg

Beautiful kit (have the '83 version, which is molded in black) the only downside is that they didn't yet have the low profile tires tooled up, first Monogram kit to have those was the '84 'Vette (glue kit, not the snapper) IIRC

• 2 weeks later...