Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Lincoln Projects

Sledsel

1 minute ago, misterNNL said:

you are doing a great job with all of the mods it took to stretch that body my fiend. If the were any flaws that slick black paint would surely have made them obviuos. Thanks for sharing.

And it started as a convertible......

4 hours ago, Ron Hamilton said:

I like what you are doing. Are you going to do the privacy rear window and vinyl roof on the limo? I like what I see in all of the builds.

The top and rear window are remaining as-is. I really do not wish to cover all that block sanding  with a vinyl top. I am going to do a divider inside between driver and passenger compartments.

The hearse will get trim, landau bars and vinyl tho.

Flower car will not get vinyl.

AS an FYI, the limo top consists of the rear of a Monogram 58 Thunderbird top and the front is the optional wagon roof.

Edited by Sledsel

Excellent job you are doing on your 1965 Lincolns!! I can hardly wait to see them finished. I'll be watching. 

My pictures aren't very good, but here are a few shots of a 1967 Lincoln Lehmann-Peterson Limo, I built for a friend of mine who owns the real thing!

Keep up the great work!!

Dennis 

IMG_0691.thumb.JPG.9325f3344ab8df191b798dede9f3e819.jpg

IMG_0692.thumb.JPG.6cfcfce308d87974af53994adbd9a951.jpg

IMG_0693.thumb.JPG.c1eeb43a3c201bd0df87e70971d2cf17.jpg

IMG_0695.thumb.JPG.4c77b8ee31617d99f6385df98916f2a0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am a tremendous fan of these cars and your work here is stellar.  I would like to learn about how you built the roof for the limo. I read about the T-bord and wagon mix but how about the windows and such?

Edited by Eric Macleod
Clarification.

5 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

I am a tremendous fan of these cars and your work here is stellar.  I would like to learn about how you built the roof for the limo. I read about the T-bord and wagon mix but how about the windows and such?

Was actually pretty simple. The T'bird roof was a bit tall, so I just sanded a bit off the bottom of the "C" pillar. Once I had the height, I cut the wagon roof as far towards the rear as possible.Taped the T'bird roof in place, overlapped the front section and cut the T'bird roof shorter. Spacers for height while the roof dried. The side windows are just pieces of Evergreen styrene cut to fit using online photos for reference. The drip rails are also Evergreen strips.

Andy:

Limo looks great!

I've got an AMT '68 Lincoln that I cut up to build a Limo. The project kinda stalled, as I couldn't decide how best to go about building the chassis. Can you provide some details and photos showing how you built the chassis?

thanks!

1 hour ago, ToyLvr said:

Andy:

Limo looks great!

I've got an AMT '68 Lincoln that I cut up to build a Limo. The project kinda stalled, as I couldn't decide how best to go about building the chassis. Can you provide some details and photos showing how you built the chassis?

thanks!

Chassis was the easiest part, I cut 2 frames at the rear foot well and glued together. Added a center plate at the joint to cover exhaust and driveshaft and mimic a spot for a carrier bearing