Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Ford Pick Up Semi Ratty Rod

Johnt671

3 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking Hot Rod. The hinged engine cover, was that in the kit or did you create that ? Nice to see the 4 Banger detail so nicely.  

Thanks. This is other than the interior, an nicely details kit. In addition to the opening doors and rear gate the hood was hinged, both on the top parts that I used came that way. the sides of the hood were also hinged, ans I planned on doing the hood that way but I broke the little pins off of the lower piece and had to change the way I did this one.

Thanks to slusher also.

Edited by Johnt671

Excellent build!  I followed along during your build-thread and was hoping someone posting in that thread might make some comments on your motor in this build.  I am in the process of rebuilding a glue-bomb Revell Cherry Pie '31  Ford Panel Delivery kit, and had figured the little 4-cylinder motor was too far-gone to rebuild.  But then, I fell for the nostalgia of it and decided to rebuild it; problem is finding information on hot rod versions of these vintage, little Ford 4-bangers.   

I fully understand how to build and wire a V-8, but exactly how the intake, wiring and exhaust all comes together on one of these vintage 4-cylinder Ford motors confuses me a bit... anybody have a good source for some vintage hot rod Ford 4-cylinders engine pics and info so I can accurately rebuild my Cherry Pie motor?