Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 "Wild Cad" Custom

John Teresi

2 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

Amazing work.

I looked at Pro-Tech for the Ts you mentioned.  Looks like they're $2.00 each?  No contact info for Pro-Tech.

Jim, I have Pro Tech parts on my site at laskiscale.com. Click the Shop button at the top and scroll down to the Pro Tech section.

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments I really do appreciate them:).......I`m using a 4 Cam  32 Valve Corvette engine for the power plant that I got from my parts box........I mocked it up into the chassis to see how it looks......I still need to add a few parts to it......I painted it Alclad and weathered  it lightly.......I also used "Pro Tech" rubber fuel line ,nut and bolt ends and detailing wire ....,..I used some purple plug wires from TJ Models.......I had GWS Decals make me some custom decals for this build .......one of them is the KOOLSVILLE tail light decal .......thanks for looking 

DSCF0906_zpsikzpobd8.jpg

DSCF0905_zpsbymnknqx.jpg

DSCF0904_zpszglkwz5q.jpg

DSCF0903_zpss9j4dxvd.jpg

DSCF0901_zpstj7inp6x.jpg

DSCF0900_zpskfje4j1e.jpg

John... What an update. Wow I don't think you can pack any more detail in that engine compartment. That is some incredible work you got going right there. You sure have been a Busy Bee.. This thing is just steller! Keep up the Killer work.

2 minutes ago, ClayK said:

I know I've said it before, but there is nothing you can't build! WOW! I love that purple....everything is such eye candy!

Hi Clay......thanks Buddy ......I really appreciate you checking it out......I got my Garlits kit for the  Side by Side by Side builds......I will post soon......I have been trying to get this "Wild Cad" built and ready for June 16th Fathers Day weekend for Art Laski`s L.A. Roadster Show Model Car Contest......I should be able to finish this 'Wild Cad" and get some work done on the Garlits kit:)

John... What an update. Wow I don't think you can pack any more detail in that engine compartment. That is some incredible work you got going right there. You sure have been a Busy Bee.. This thing is just steller! Keep up the Killer work.

Hello......Chris,Brad and Wayne.......thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I got the primer on the body and finished all the body work.......I shot a HOK White Pearl and a Silver White Pearl Fade base coat.......then I shot HOK Passion Purple Pearl Fade.......then I shot a HOK Kandy Pink Kandy mix with HOK Passion Purple Pearl Fade with a clear coat........Then I shot a Gravity Colors White Fade .......I will foil it and add the Flame Decals next.......thanks for looking

DSCF0945_zpshflewi8t.jpg

DSCF0944_zpsllcarnj1.jpg

DSCF0944_zpsy8h9jsmb.jpg

DSCF0943_zpswq9rfz5x.jpg

DSCF0942_zpswucqpreq.jpg

DSCF0941_zpsqei585q6.jpg

DSCF0940_zpsa9xcjyfq.jpg