Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 "Wild Cad" Custom

John Teresi

Well...it looks like I need to check in on you more often :D

The last time I check your progress, all you had posted was a picture of the kit and a few shots of the actual car!!

Good work, buddy!!  Can't wait to see it at NNL West and GSL!!

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I got the last coat of clear on the body and installed the glass.......I also Alcladed the interior  roof like the real car........I also attached the drive shaft and added some GWS Flame Decals to it........I also started on the front 1/2 of the exhaust system, I used aluminum tubing..........I installed the rear seats and made door panel inserts .......I also finished the interior Fin that runs along the center console and painted Tamiya Clear Blue over the Red Clear lenses to look like purple lenses like the real car and thank you to Art Laski for suggesting the Tamiya Clear Blue over the Red lenses .........I also had GWS Decals make me a autograph signature decal that Gene Winfield autographed on  the interior fin on the real car........I alcladed all the chrome on the fin too.......I also attached the body  to the chassis........thanks of looking

cadillac-coupe-de-ville-2-nw_zps2q0k1foc

DSCF0959_zpstlj4x3dx.jpg

DSCF0961_zpsjjylh3tz.jpg

DSCF0962_zpsmeep9tdw.jpg

DSCF0963_zpsxgmlbkco.jpg

DSCF0964_zpsx9dl1txu.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

when you start the build, i'm in!

I look at what you are doing and I say to myself "I can do that"

as time goes by and you get more into it.... I start to believe I cant .

then when you get to the Alclad... im OUT.

incredible as usual!!!!!!

Hello......thank you all so very much for following along with this build and for the very nice comments.......I really appreciated it:).......I`m calling this build finished.......I finished the exhaust system and added the radiator with hoses.......I also attached the modified front and rear Bumpers that I painted Alclad.......I made and painted the air cleaner ........I added the custom GWS decals for the air cleaner and  "Wild Cad" plates .......I finished the trunk area and made some emblems and also painted Alclad.........and for "Shits and Giggles" I made a Diorama of Gene Winfields old shop and added some custom painted Mercury 1/2`s and of course GWS Decals made all the decals for the Diorama.......Its not perfect but, good enough for the girls I go with !!!!!........I will shoot some "Outside" pics in a few days.......thanks for looking

DSCF1000_zpsst8vvwpm.jpg

DSCF1001_zpsuc9gst8u.jpg

DSCF1002_zpsbwtdiwuh.jpg

DSCF1027_zpsws5mtgrr.jpg

DSCF1025_zps4nnfj7ps.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John... Holy Smokes... this turn out Awesome!!. Gotta Be one of your best builds yet. I absolutely love this build. Favorite pics are of the car in front of the Windfield Diorama. Best part of it is Gene giving the Caddy a Thumbs Up :lol::lol: You did a Killer Job for sure. I can't wait to see the paint out in the Sunlight... B)