Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 2008 Dodge Challenger promo kit

fordf-100

Hi All, This is the AMT 2008 Dodge Challenger kit. This is the promo that is unassembled. Painted testors lacquer and U-POL clear from a can. I lowered the ride height and changed the wheels but otherwise thats it. Not a bad "quickie" to build, fits well and looks pretty good completed. The decals are super thin and I had a hard time getting them to stay in one piece. I went with chrome trim around the windows for a little bit of a different look. Comments and critisism always welcomwe. Thanks for looking!

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

4 minutes ago, shoopdog said:

Looks really nice, my only suggestion and I must say I never have criticized others work, the decals should be sliced along the hood and fender IMO.  Color looks great and pretty darn shiny!

I agree! They were so thin I didnt want to ruin them. If you look on the drivers side at the hood and fender you can see were I touched it up with some red paint, I tried cutting them and they just tore! I put solvaset to try and get them to snuggle then in the crack but they wouldnt!! Sometimes I just stop cause I'll only ruin it more!!