Model Cars Magazine Forum

gold line tires

I don't think any company currently makes the blue line tires, and other than AMT's semi-recent redlines, can't think of another source for new tires to purchase.

I see the old AMT red/bluelines pop up on eBay from time to time, so if you set up a watch there, or search regularly, you should be able to find those. It's possible Stevens International released some redlines a few years ago, but not sure. Brett Barrow to the red courtesy phone, please...

I've never seen the '60s gold or blue line tires reproduced exactly, but in decals...IIRC, I got some blue line tire decals from SELtd years ago.  Their are wide white/gold line tires currently available in the AMT '58 Chevy Bel Air, but those are 50s style. 

Roy and Bill,

I was referring to the optional tires available on certain sporty cars in the 1960s.  As most of you know, Instead of a whitewall tire, a redwall tire was standard or optional on many of the muscle cars.  A goldwall (or goldline) tire was available on the mid-'60s Corvette, and bluewalls (I think they were called Blue Streaks) were available on one or two models.  The lettered tires pictured earlier in the thread were what was used for Indy car and drag racing.