Model Cars Magazine Forum

50' Chevy COE.. with a boat

I started with a resin Coe cab... and that was it !!  Found a chassis from a GMC , which was modified and Z'ed.  Made an interior, and slotted a 426 Hemi in there too,

can't see the point in building a model with out an engine.   

The tray, i started with a pair of 32 rear fenders, ..... and scratch built EVERYTHING else.

Wheels are from the S'cool bus kit, which were widened, and some pro street tyres added.

THE BOAT, started as an F1 style outboard, but no outboard is going to work in my imagination, so out with the outboard, and in with the inboard.  :)

It started as  one of the engines from the S'cool bus kit, and made everything above the block, including the scoop.

Turbo's were made from some hydraulic olives and solder, and imagination...

The whole package was covered in Candy Green and cream, with some red pin stripes on the boat.

There was a LOT of scratch building , and bits from the spares box on this one .

Hope you like this as much as i enjoyed stretching the imagination..

DSCN2171.JPG

DSCN2163.JPG

DSCN2155.JPG

DSCN2157.JPG

DSCN2164.JPG

DSCN2160.JPG

DSCN2166.JPG

DSCN2167.JPG

DSCN2184.JPG

DSCN2152.JPG

• Like 1

Love the creativity and execution here! The custom work and scratchbuilding is very cool (love those turbos--never knew those widgets were called "hydraulic olives" so I learned something new, thanks!) and the paint finish is great. In particular, I'm enjoying the red-tinted glass...it gives the ensemble a Hot Wheels look and really helps the green paint stand out. She's a beaut!

On 3/22/2018 at 4:48 AM, Spex84 said:

Love the creativity and execution here! The custom work and scratchbuilding is very cool (love those turbos--never knew those widgets were called "hydraulic olives" so I learned something new, thanks!) and the paint finish is great. In particular, I'm enjoying the red-tinted glass...it gives the ensemble a Hot Wheels look and really helps the green paint stand out. She's a beaut!

Glad you learnt something Chris, and thanks .. 

Thanks too everybody, it was a fun build for sure. :)

• 2 weeks later...