[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Ace-Garageguy

Mo' debinitely my kind of hot-rod

Posted (edited)

Having spent most of my adult life as a hard-core sports-car kinda guy, and having only recently returned to my hot-rod roots, I find I prefer a car that combines the attributes of both: something that brakes and handles as well as it accelerates.

Wish I had seen THIS back in 1959 when it was first built...     https://carbuzz.com/news/unique-of-the-week-one-off-1959-troy-chevrolet-street-legal-racer

42525.jpg

42527.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Ooooooo... Hubba hubba... That's a nice looking ride.

YOW! That is soooooooooo nice.

Debinately?

Judging by the 2 fours sticking out of the hood, in 1959 maybe a 283 or a Ford 312 for an engine?  In any event it looks like it would flat haul the mail!

4 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Debinately?

It's an oblique reference to something that was said on the old Newlywed Game many years back (that's been denied, but I've actually seen the clip).

Naturally, the meaning is "most definitely", but spellcheck wasn't certain as to the correct spelling of the mispronunciation. ;)

Now that is a Real Car...

steve

Yeah buddy, that looks like nothing but pure fun!!!😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🤗🏁

What a great melding of sports car and hot rod! I bet that is a blast to drive on a nice summer day.

Definitely on my list of wants! Sweet!

I have to agree on this type of car. In addition to having all the go power it can stop and turn with the best. A some what similar car was offered in the late '50's and early '60's called the BoCar. I remember reading about it in Popular Mechanics Magazine. It was also Chevrolet powered  but was intended more for racing.   

Nice, bet that really hauls the mail...

It looks a bit like an old Allard or Kurtis venture into hotrod sports cars.  Way cool!