[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Sign in to follow this  
yellowsportwagon

Is Modelhaus selling there molds?

Just wondering. My stupid self never ordered his Boatail Riv when I had the chance. Wondering if it will ever be made again.

It is not the molds as they have a very limited life, it is all the masters that are important and the know how on how to cast.

air trax offers a boattail

3 hours ago, jeffb said:

air trax offers a boattail

I want a 71 or 72 isn’t the Airtrax a 73 big bumper car?

1 hour ago, yellowsportwagon said:

I want a 71 or 72 isn’t the Airtrax a 73 big bumper car?

Yes it is a 73, but it is very nice! I have an original All American Resin 71, and the Air Trax 73 is head and shoulders above it.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ron Hamilton said:

Yes it is a 73, but it is very nice! I have an original All American Resin 71, and the Air Trax 73 is head and shoulders above it.

Ron have you built the 71? I just hate 73 bumpers on these cars.

Edited by yellowsportwagon
Add

Right now it is a total mess. I started to rework it, but ran into a brick wall. Buying the Air Trax 73 is a great help in my quest, as it is quite well done, and is based on that 71. Personally, I like the 71 better, as it is the original design of the car. I know what I want to do to it,  and I am gathering parts for it.

Ron, how's the roof on the Airtrax one? I'm asking because I've got one from Time Machine, and to me while it's not bad, the roof just seems a bit too flat from a side profile. I don't have a pic offhand to show, but I do remember from a side profile that there should be a curve of the roof from front to back.

14 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Ron, how's the roof on the Airtrax one? I'm asking because I've got one from Time Machine, and to me while it's not bad, the roof just seems a bit too flat from a side profile. I don't have a pic offhand to show, but I do remember from a side profile that there should be a curve of the roof from front to back.

Yes, none of the resin casters I've seen so far seems to be able to capture the lines of the car correctly. 

I have an R+R, which is a cheap copy of the AAM casting and it's off in several places. 

I have also held the Modelhaus peice in my hands and while better, it wasn't "better enough" to make me cough up the hundred bucks for it.

I haven't seen the Airtraxs one in person yet so I'd also be interested in seeing if the roof/rear window/deck lid area was corrected.

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2018 at 7:21 PM, Can-Con said:

Yes, none of the resin casters I've seen so far seems to be able to capture the lines of the car correctly. 

I have an R+R, which is a cheap copy of the AAM casting and it's off in several places. 

I have also held the Modelhaus peice in my hands and while better, it wasn't "better enough" to make me cough up the hundred bucks for it.

I haven't seen the Airtraxs one in person yet so I'd also be interested in seeing if the roof/rear window/deck lid area was corrected.

They also look to long from the back of the rear wheelwells to the bumper. The Airtrax one is better but it’s a 73. 73 just doesn’t do it for me.

Edited by yellowsportwagon
Add

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, MrObsessive said:

The Air Trax 73 looks to be a corrected 71. The roof looks great. On my All American 71, the roof is overly flat, and the rear fenders are too high. I corrected the rear fenders, and I want to redo the roof panel. I am thinking of grafting in  the front roof section of a JoHan Eldorado Rancher with a sunroof, as I think it would be cool.  When Fox aired the show "Second Chance" a couple of seasons ago, it piqued my interest in the car. Other than the red line tires, I think the car looked great.

I want my model to look similar to this:

is?8_QBVpU-pX374UbBO-TJgFyyZqIvgu9OaVx7B