Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hiya everybody

Hello, I'm Chris and I've recently gotten back into modeling since getting really sick, and dealing with a chronic illness. Being nearly immobilized by chronic pain, and other serious issues have made working on 1:1 cars extremely difficult/impossible. I have a degree in multimedia design, but my real passion is building cars, back in the early 2000's I was part of a group of people who worked on mostly VW's, Audi, Porsches and BMW's.  We even got a few magazine features. But then I got sick in 2005, and I've never really gotten any better, despite seeing almost every doctor in the field in this state, or the surrounding 4 states. 

So I have been doing lots of things to try to help cope with the pain, and the inability to work. Recently modeling has become one of my favorites. I never knew how much detail y'all were putting into your models. I've been working on a few myself, and I've been slowly increasing the level of detail and customizing I put in. I find focusing on small details helps with the pain some days. My biggest issue is cost right now. I probably spend at least 3 hours a day making wishlists, or filling shopping carts on some of the model website's, and/or on shapeways. I'm just amazed at everything you can buy.

Right now I'm working on 2 different 66 Mustangs, one is the amt funny car with the injected sohc engine. After looking it over I don't think I'm going to put too much extra time into it.  I also have the Amt resto rod 66 mustang coupe which I'm either going to make a duplicate of my 1:1 66 gt coupe, or I might just make what my dream 66 coupe would be, especially since I also got the injected sohc engine by tdr innovations, off of shapeways. I don't know which way to go, because I'm going to have to sell my real Mustang soon, so I don't know if an exact copy will be a warm reminder, or a bitter one.

Well that's enough ramblings from me right now, I will get some picks taken of the 2 models I'm actually willing to admit I made and post them in a few days.

Thanks,

Christopher Snider