Model Cars Magazine Forum

70's tires called Formula 1's?

56 minutes ago, bigdrag1 said:

You have to google formula 1 super stock tires to get anything , and no there not available  in 1/25 that I know of.. Somebody needs to do tire decals of these...

Thank you, that's what I needed to know.

15 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

I'm trying to find tires called Formula 1's and Google is no help because it thinks I want F1 tyres. Who made these tires and are there any in 1/25 scale?

Are you trying to find the tires that were used in Formula 1 racing or the street tires that had a brand name of Formula ? Copies of the racing tire may be found in some older F1 type kits, but as for the street tire I just don't remember ever seeing any in a kit, but maybe some one in the after market may have something close.

1 hour ago, espo said:

Are you trying to find the tires that were used in Formula 1 racing or the street tires that had a brand name of Formula ? Copies of the racing tire may be found in some older F1 type kits, but as for the street tire I just don't remember ever seeing any in a kit, but maybe some one in the after market may have something close.

The street tires, Fireball has the decals and I have tires that look pretty close so I think I've got what I need.