Model Cars Magazine Forum

about fujimi?

EZ08

im curious about that brand since many people in forums have negative comments about their car models usually because its too old and many of those kits are inaccurate.. if thats the case, what specific models should i avoid?

i asked this because i was interested about their kits because of wide choices of cars which something that other manufacturers didnt make....

additionally, im looking for a older mitsubishi evo series, probably 3, as my first kit to build since i didnt build 1/24 cars...

PS: i posted a topic before about a 1/24 beginner japanese cars for my planned diorama but i set it aside because the lost of interest...

Their Evo III isn't BAD per se, it's just the Hasegawa one is better. The Hasegawa one is just Out of Production and expensive. The downside to Fujimi's EVOs are small wheels, and all of them from 3 through 9 share a universal Mitsu chassis and other parts. But then how much time do you spend with the car on it's roof...

13 minutes ago, EZ08 said:

so it only goes down to tamiya ones, right?

The only street EVO Tamiya makes is a 6 and it's got metal axles front and back. Nothing WRONG with the Fujimi kits, you gotta start somewhere. If you worry about what to build and never build anything, you'll never get the skills required to tackle serious projects.

9 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The only street EVO Tamiya makes is a 6 and it's got metal axles front and back. Nothing WRONG with the Fujimi kits, you gotta start somewhere. If you worry about what to build and never build anything, you'll never get the skills required to tackle serious projects.

Very true my good sir.... im not actually dont care about accuracy or anything since i dont know much about cars. however if i start from fujimi evo 3, is it recommended to build it just to familiarize the assembling process as the same as other cars from different companies like tamiya? and of course fujimi is more cheap here in japan unlike tamiya, hasegawa (its more expensive) and aoshima...

one more thing.... is it true that the more cheaper the car kit is, the more easier to build?

Edited by EZ08

5 minutes ago, EZ08 said:

one more thing.... is it true that the more cheaper the car kit is, the more easier to build?

There might be a certain correlation between those two factors, but I wouldn't say it's a hard and fast rule. Higher price can often mean higher parts count, which makes a kit "harder" to build, but higher price can also mean superior engineering, which can make all those parts "easier" to get together. 

16 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

There might be a certain correlation between those two factors, but I wouldn't say it's a hard and fast rule. Higher price can often mean higher parts count, which makes a kit "harder" to build, but higher price can also mean superior engineering, which can make all those parts "easier" to get together. 

hasegawa, tamiya and aoshima are the very good examples here....

hmmm i better try fujimi evo 3 for my first build then.... thanks for the quick replies sir :)

50 minutes ago, EZ08 said:

Very true my good sir.... im not actually dont care about accuracy or anything since i dont know much about cars. however if i start from fujimi evo 3, is it recommended to build it just to familiarize the assembling process as the same as other cars from different companies like tamiya? and of course fujimi is more cheap here in japan unlike tamiya, hasegawa (its more expensive) and aoshima...

Cheaper doesn't necessarily mean easier unless you start talking about stuff like Fujimi's Easy Kits or their other SnapTite construction (like their R34). One of the main reason Fujimi kits are less expensive is they've reissued the wheels off of them. Aside from the most recent round about 18-24 months ago when they reissued all of the factory EVOs 3 through 9, they also have a LOT of variants - particularly in the V, VI, and VII. The more times you offer tweaked modified reissues the cheaper the cost associated with them becomes in terms of paying off the tooling costs.

If you want to do a tooling that doesn't support multiple variations and you want to sell 5k copies, the per copy price is much higher (think Belkits or Ebbro and to some extent Tamiya) than it is for Fujimi to sell an EVO 7 that there are 6 versions of...30k kits is a lower per unit cost.

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Cheaper doesn't necessarily mean easier unless you start talking about stuff like Fujimi's Easy Kits or their other SnapTite construction (like their R34). One of the main reason Fujimi kits are less expensive is they've reissued the wheels off of them. Aside from the most recent round about 18-24 months ago when they reissued all of the factory EVOs 3 through 9, they also have a LOT of variants - particularly in the V, VI, and VII. The more times you offer tweaked modified reissues the cheaper the cost associated with them becomes in terms of paying off the tooling costs.

If you want to do a tooling that doesn't support multiple variations and you want to sell 5k copies, the per copy price is much higher (think Belkits or Ebbro and to some extent Tamiya) than it is for Fujimi to sell an EVO 7 that there are 6 versions of...30k kits is a lower per unit cost.

I see.... the reason i asked that question because of my belief something from non car kit related but rather from my experience in my tank modeling days ... their older molds are very easy to assemble (starting 1970s i think) so i believe its also same as the car models

4 hours ago, EZ08 said:

I see.... the reason i asked that question because of my belief something from non car kit related but rather from my experience in my tank modeling days ... their older molds are very easy to assemble (starting 1970s i think) so i believe its also same as the car models

Well sure there's a wide spectrum of dubious formerly motorized kits marauding around as models.  I think Hasegawa might be the only ones who don't have one of those in their car lines, but the rest do, even Tamiya.