Model Cars Magazine Forum

M2 69 Camarao

vintagercr

Very nice! Didn't see those at my Walmart, but I did see some white ones with some kind of orange tampo on them--didn't bother to read it. I'd probably buy one of these if I ran across it, but probably wouldn't go to the effort to special order one. Is it orange or red? Can't really tell for sure from your pics. 

I have two M2 '69 Camaros, a black RS and an orange Z with black stripes. I like 'em both. I have at least two, maybe three of their '65-'66 Mustang fastbacks, too. M2 gives you a lot of diecast quality for the price (especially the Walmart price). 

6 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Very nice! Didn't see those at my Walmart, but I did see some white ones with some kind of orange tampo on them--didn't bother to read it. I'd probably buy one of these if I ran across it, but probably wouldn't go to the effort to special order one. Is it orange or red? Can't really tell for sure from your pics. 

I have two M2 '69 Camaros, a black RS and an orange Z with black stripes. I like 'em both. I have at least two, maybe three of their '65-'66 Mustang fastbacks, too. M2 gives you a lot of diecast quality for the price (especially the Walmart price). 

Snake, it's red

Looks great Steve. They done an excellent job capturing this image. Here are my 2. The Yenko was just a Z/28, I completely rebuilt it to have my version of the Danbury Mint model which has gone through the roof on the secondary market. I have about $60 in mine including the price of the model.

DSCN3362.JPG

36832208073_42f16210ee_z.jpg

37453516246_9a9f4d8ec8_z.jpg

The only thing I don't like about the M2 Camaros is, the top of the side window openings is dead flat, and it should have a VERY slight curve in it. (To be honest, the Revell '69 Camaro body has a bit of the same flaw.) But it's not as distracting as it is in a few other model car bodies I could name. It's not a deal-breaker for me; as I said I've bought 2 M2s (and many Revells) and will probably buy more. 

6 hours ago, vintagercr said:

Gene, they are two great looking Camaro's

Thanks Steve, I've seen the DM cars and these compare favorably to those. I think the DM Camaros have oversized headlights, they look odd.