Model Cars Magazine Forum

Family Suburban

A family Suburban for a young growing family that needs more that a regular Station Wagon.  Added features: Custom exterior trim and a Tailgate, Chrome Wheels, Lowered suspension, Dual Exhaust for the make believe high output 327 engine.  Notice the aluminum high-rise intake and air cleaner.  Plug wires are there if you can find them.

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

23 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

Looks great, I love the idea. I also love that you did the trim around the side windows, I have seem several of these that the trim is missing, it looks unfinished without it. Fantastic build. 

The trim is very faint on the body and is easily missed. I think the 1:1 Suburban would have been a thin rubber gasket around the windows. Since I wanted this to look like a more upscale trim I went ahead and used foil around the side windows since I thought it looked nicer.  Thank you for your interest.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, George from Hamburg said:

Wonderful! I like it. Great Color combo

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Greetings to you as well Joerg. I'm glad you liked the colors.

20 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Excellent job on this one, and I LOVE the color scheme.....This is beautiful....I'd love to have one of these things in 1:1....Awesome build.....

Thank you JT. Glad you enjoyed it. This is the way I would have built one back then if that was what I needed for the Family.  

• 2 weeks later...