Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 32 5 window Coupe

Rider

Recently pulled this back out. I had started this about a year ago. 3 scale inches chopped out of the top. 

Sorry the pics are out of order. 

The top still needs work before final primer. 

Thanks for looking in. 

IMG_4822.PNG

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_4821.PNG

IMG_4826.PNG

IMG_4828.PNG

IMG_4829.PNG

IMG_4830.PNG

IMG_4831.PNG

IMG_4834.PNG

IMG_4839.PNG

IMG_4840.PNG

Edited by Rider

Thanks for looking in guys.

There are a number of spots to fill yet. Working on thenframe now. The frame will be painted with Molotow Chrome, given a heavy wash then a smoke black. 

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4860.JPG

I was able to get the chrome laid down.

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

Edited by Rider
Update: frame chromed

Thanks Gerald. 

I am going with a fantasy motor. It started as a 440 Mopar.. I am going to mod the tunnel ram so the intake runners are not the siamese style, going for a Ford style. I think I am going to use BBC valve covers and tweak them a bit. Using Ford FE headers from a Gibson resin motor. The last pic is the style of tunnel ram I want to replicate. 

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_4873.PNG

Edited by Rider

Fantastic chop! Too bad Dr. Cranky isn't still around, he'd be all over those frame rails covered in watch parts.

Since you don't seem confident with the front wheels & tires I'd suggest something else. Did the rears come from the Boothill Express? How about the front 12-spokes from that kit?

B)

10 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Fantastic chop! Too bad Dr. Cranky isn't still around, he'd be all over those frame rails covered in watch parts.

Since you don't seem confident with the front wheels & tires I'd suggest something else. Did the rears come from the Boothill Express? How about the front 12-spokes from that kit?

B)

Thanks Dennis, I have no idea what kit the wheels are from. I like your suggestion on the front wheels though, thanks for that. I might have to find a set of those wheels in the part market, I don't have that kit in the stash. 

Dr. Cranky? You mean just not around here, or he has passed? 

2 hours ago, Rider said:

Thanks Dennis, I have no idea what kit the wheels are from. I like your suggestion on the front wheels though, thanks for that. I might have to find a set of those wheels in the part market, I don't have that kit in the stash. 

Dr. Cranky? You mean just not around here, or he has passed? 

Just not around here. Haven't seen that guy post here in a couple of years.

Another cool wheel and tire set that would look awesome are from the Lil Coffin show rod by Monogram. Similar rear wheels and whitwall slicks with matching front wheels and skinny whitewall tires.