Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 32 5 window Coupe

Rider

A small update. 

Because I am lazy and have never learned how to measure and make bends I have to do the corners in pieces. Last night I was able to nail half with one piece. No luck tonight with the other half. So I decided to do each corner as a separate piece.  I am not sure what I am going to do with the window. As I type this I am thinking of actually making it wider and taller.

Did some more work on the windshield and started messing with the grill body. 

I started this build with chopped top only and the rest an OOB mindset, that has gone way off the rails. 

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

Thanks Mr D.

The spray booth is of my own design. It is a down draft design using a 6" sono tube, like the ones used for forming post holes, 6" ducting, a large server cabinet fan, grease grills for a large over head stove exhaust fan, reclaimed door windows, and a kitchen table ripped in half and mounted to the wall.  I added a small work area that which you see extended out. I still need to replace the foam core end piece, I dropped the glass for that end during the build. 

IMG_4943.PNG

IMG_4944.PNG

IMG_4942.PNG

IMG_4945.PNG

IMG_4946.PNG

IMG_4948.PNG

IMG_0938.JPG

Edited by Rider

Small update, I really had to work to get to this point with the intake. Once I got the first intake runner I made a fixture for my chopper, easy peasy. The intake looks pretty crude or racy right now, it will soften when it all comes together. At least I am hoping that is the case. 

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

On 2018-04-13 at 11:45 PM, DumpyDan said:

Man that spray booth is awesome, I think I am going to stop painting and just send them to you instead.  And that 32 project is very cool, I will send you some pictures of the Camaro I am working on.

Thanks Dan, ya send Camero pics my way, would dig seeing them. 

Got the intake together and shot it with some primer, still needs a good shape sanding and clean up.

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

19 hours ago, DumpyDan said:

Man that is some good work, impressive detailing......I Like!

Thanks lots Dan.

12 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Love the weld lines!!!  -this is so unique and impressive, that it should be in magazines!!!

It does look like welds, but unfortunately they are not, they are just airbubbles in the primer. 

I think this is as good good as it is going to get before paint. I am still tweaking the shell and the chop. I think I am going to go with large iron work rivets around the front and rear windows.

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

Edited by Rider

15 hours ago, Rider said:

Thanks lots Dan.

It does look like welds, but unfortunately they are not, they are just airbubbles in the primer. 

I think this is as good good as it is going to get before paint. I am still tweaking the shell and the chop. I think I am going to go with large iron work rivets around the front and rear windows.

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

Are those carbs from Fireball?

I love the cogs on the frame. Never seen that before. 

The chop is spot on. You made it look easy.!

This is going to be excellent when it's done. Nice one!

oh, and I take my hat off to you, for your spray booth.

Anyone who knocks a hole through the wall of their house, in the name of model building, deserves respect ?

On 2018-04-20 at 8:29 AM, geetee66 said:

I love the cogs on the frame. Never seen that before. 

The chop is spot on. You made it look easy.!

This is going to be excellent when it's done. Nice one!

oh, and I take my hat off to you, for your spray booth.

Anyone who knocks a hole through the wall of their house, in the name of model building, deserves respect ?

Thanks Guy,  I appreciate the props. A man has to do what a man has to do to get his model room just right. Lol. I have lots to learn about when doing chops. 

• 4 months later...

I have add some detailing to the windshield, the Molotow Chrome turned out ok. This is just a base,  I am not too concerned about the orange peel/rough surface, it will eventually get buried with multiple layers of 2x Poly-U clear. 

IMG_5336.JPG

Edited by Rider
Wrong photo