[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Greg Myers

Johnny Lightning 1/25th cars question

I just picked up a Thunderbolt. It has a metal chassis as does the '69 Charger i also have. 

I was wondering what other cars might be in that series. 

I really find the metal chassis lending themselves to the heft and weight of the cars interesting.

I have a JL '69 Camaro with a metal chassis. Pretty sure I have a JL '67 Shelby, maybe two of them, with metal chassis. 

1 hour ago, Greg Myers said:

I just picked up a Thunderbolt. It has a metal chassis as does the '69 Charger i also have. 

I really find the metal chassis lending themselves to the heft and weight of the cars interesting.

I have those same 2.

Recently I found 1 of the Thunderbolts in Butch Leal's livery!!

The 1st one I bought was plain white, and I'd decalled it with one of Fred Cady's Butch Leal sheets.

Posted (edited)

I have a few, like the '70 Trans Am and this '71 Duster 340 I converted to a Hemi Duster.

image.png.62dcd54ee3b8955dc1a107d8e45ad88d.png

26596321368_9887ef3558_z.jpg

40423788422_5b4855fe0c_z.jpg

Edited by Geno

6 hours ago, Geno said:

I have a few, like the '70 Trans Am and this '71 Duster 340 I converted to a Hemi Duster.

image.png.62dcd54ee3b8955dc1a107d8e45ad88d.png

26596321368_9887ef3558_z.jpg

40423788422_5b4855fe0c_z.jpg

Oh that is Great Geno!!

Posted (edited)

Thanks Roy, I really enjoyed this project.:) Steve, look up Johnny Lightning on Ebay in the Toy and Hobbies section under diecast. You'll find all kinds of cool JL cars. They do a nice rendition of a Superbird, their '65 & '68 GTO and '65 Mustang & '69 Mach I are pretty nice also. Check 'em out.;)B) Here's a teaser shot of a Superbird on there now.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Geno

1 hour ago, Geno said:

They do a nice rendition of a Superbird, their '65 & '68 GTO and '65 Mustang & '69 Mach I are pretty nice also. Check 'em out.;)B) Here's a teaser shot of a Superbird on there now.

s-l1600.jpg

Have to look for some of those--I haven't seen them. I have the '65 Mustang and it's not too bad at all, but I prefer the M2 version. Same with their '69 Camaro--not bad but M2's is better. Their '67 Shelby is pretty good, and I don't think anyone else does one. I saw their Nova and did NOT like it. Great Superbird! B)

8 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Have to look for some of those--I haven't seen them. I have the '65 Mustang and it's not too bad at all, but I prefer the M2 version. Same with their '69 Camaro--not bad but M2's is better. Their '67 Shelby is pretty good, and I don't think anyone else does one. I saw their Nova and did NOT like it. Great Superbird! B)

That Superbird does look very cool!! The 65 Mustangs I've seen are nice as well.

Snake. there are other '67 Shelbys out there including a Revell version. And also the version (???) that I found on EBay....which I will try to post up about over the weekend!

and we're talking about the Johnny Lightning versions with the metal chassis in them. :D

Yep, those are the very ones Greg.:)

On 3/18/2018 at 1:49 PM, Greg Myers said:

Hey Gregg, what color is your '69 Charger?

Kind of a desert metallic tan

20170203_172719.jpg

3 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

Kind of a desert metallic tan

20170203_172719.jpg

Oh sorry Gregg, i meant the diecast....mine is red

DSC00342-vi.jpg

DSC00341-vi.jpg