[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've started a conversion to build Sheriff Little's Chickasaw County patrol car from the Dukes of Hazzard. I'm using the MPC Dodge Monaco body with the AMT '71 Dodge Charger chassis/engine/suspension/exhaust. I do have a resin headlights/grill panel to convert it to a Fury (along with bumpers) but it's pretty undersized. What options are out there to make the Fury front end?

1975ChickasawFury0605.jpg

The MPC made 75' Plymouth Road Runner coupe promo has exactly the front end you need, if you can find it...I found mine at a show about 3 years ago that was broken for about $15. Models by Tony may have the parts too...

Jeff

oOOo

Edited by Casey

6 hours ago, CapSat 6 said:

Missing Link does the '75-'76 Fury grille.

Just contacted them, wrote back within minutes (great service to be sure!) saying they used to do one, but it sold poorly, so no longer.... :(

It's a Coronet grille, and you might be lucky, I've seen that promo around a few times since I bought it. It might take a while, have you checked Shapeways? I know they have a few front end parts for the ol Monaco...

Jeff

31 minutes ago, jefropas said:

It's a Coronet grille, and you might be lucky, I've seen that promo around a few times since I bought it. It might take a while, have you checked Shapeways? I know they have a few front end parts for the ol Monaco...

Jeff

Honestly I have such a limited idea of where to check since I'm mostly an aircraft builder....which is why I'm in huge appreciation of any direction you can point me in. :)

Check my thread in the "aftermarket/resin" section. I too was looking for Plymouth Fury conversion parts for the Dodge Monaco kits.

Found two options through Shapeways and EBay, ordered both, and both are a nice fit.

Also ended up buying a Yodel Fury kit. So now I have three Furys to build!

As for the Coronet front end, the promo may be it, Shapeways had nuthin....keep your eyes open, I will as well, I know its out there...

Jeff

This might be a little obscure but....

Have you checked the aftermarket parts for HO or O scale model trains? I've found photoetched catwalk for boxcars can sometimes look like egg crate grilles. With a little scratch building and strip plastic  (it is a very simple rectangle shape) you could try to make your own grille to fit the Monaco opening. Round headlights could be converted from the originals by carefully smoothing out the square headlights and adding in round ones.

Hope this helps.

On 3/21/2018 at 2:47 PM, Dodge Driver said:

Yep, that's the one I have, but first the main resin bit is too small, and second the grill won't even fit the opening if you see above. Third, the grill itself is warped in a sort of "S" when viewed from above.

He quit selling as well, he said he was getting his resin ripped off, a shame.

Jeff

MPC made "B" body  RoadRunner kits in '75 and '76. Kinda pricey on the auction circuit, but you might find a built-up that could be salvaged for the grille-bumper set-up.

100_0751-vi.jpg

The green and white in the first post is definitely a Plymouth.

Edited by Bucky

On 4/12/2018 at 9:36 PM, Andrew D the Jolly Roger said:

Yep, that's the one I have, but first the main resin bit is too small, and second the grill won't even fit the opening if you see above. Third, the grill itself is warped in a sort of "S" when viewed from above.

By "main bit", are you referring to the header panel? That's the frame above the bumper that the headlights and grille mount to. To straighten out the grille, place it in near boiling water for a minute or so, until the resin is softened. Remove it from the water; and, using two pieces of styrene sheet placed on the bottom of the insert, press both sides down with your fingers and run some cold water to cool the resin. It will flatten and retain the shape. You didn't try inserting the grille into the header panel  in its present state, did you? That vertical divider would prevent you from doing so. Grind, or cut out, the divider in the header panel and the insert will fit.