Model Cars Magazine Forum

Air brush compressor question

I have an old Super Quiet 20 compressor that has to have oil for the compressor. I have no idea what sort of oil to get for it.

It doesn't need oil now but it certainly will in the future. What sort of compressor oil should I be looking at?

I've been contemplating power steering oil as I believe it is hydraulic oil but I could be wrong.

Whatever brand of oil the unit originally called for and where to get it has been lost in the mists of time.

Robert5aaed7a009daf_Airbrushcompressorleftside.thumb.jpg.5fe9d76c5dfeed259e0a44da865c045a.jpg

5aaed7a27c29a_Airbrushcompressorfront.thumb.jpg.771a5d4df2e65d1935101f266867c37f.jpg

Got a reply yesterday. The oil costs US$24.50 for 24 oz. It's a special oil, other kinds can ruin the O rings and get into the pressurized air (at least that is what the owners manual says). Thank God I don't need any now. The manual calls for one year intervals for oil change but I have never used it enough to warrant an oil change.

Interestingly the compressor has a date of manufacturing as 1986 and that is when I bought it. d2Jdv5D.gif