Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dave from Fonda, NY

Retired gent that is taking up model car building again. I built models back in the early 60's when I was a kid. Likely 40 models. When I moved out on my own. I had stored put them in a large box and left them in the basement. Unfortunately my 2 younger brothers found them. They took them to the top of this street that was a big hill. Loaded each one with firecrackers. Set them rolling down the hill and watched them all blow up. Luckily my mom found my matchbox cars and forbid them to ever touch them. I have them till this day along with Matchbox City and some Dinky and Corgi cars. So I am starting to built model cars again and need some pointers. Like putting in the silver trim paint and actually making it look good. I want to know the tricks to air brushing. And suggestions will be appreciated. I'll load some on my more recent builds. Some were pre painted. Some not. And I'm sure you'll be able to tell the difference. LOL

Thank you to both of you. D.Battista. I know. I wish I still had them My first car I purchased to drive on the road was a 1964 Comet Caliente. Black 2 dr hardtop. Of course I had the model and that was blown up too. I can't bring myself to spend $80 on eBay for one of them. And thank you Ro3bert. 

Thank you Nick. It's been years since I build models. I did some 4 or 5 years ago that I posted. Some pre-painted and a few I painted. I've got to learn how to airbrush instead of using spray paint. And someone messaged me with tips in painting chrome trim. Everyone is so nice. here.