Model Cars Magazine Forum

Splash Paints - Website Up!

I came across a company on Instagram called Splash Paints, LLC. Their name on Instagram is Splashpaints.  There is no website or Google presence that I know, but their release date is scheduled for today. No idea who is running it or where they are located, all I know is from their Instagram posts. Just a heads up for some of you that have had trouble with other vendors. 

Edited by Quick GMC

25 minutes ago, Casey said:

"***Single Stage Paint Color***

THIS PRODUCT MUST BE CLEAR COATED."

:lol:

I agree with your emoji.

WTH, if it needs to be cleared, it's not a single stage paint. Since when does lacquer NEED to be cleared? What's next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, snap kits, cement required?

I'm not sure I would buy paint from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Edited by Psychographic

7 hours ago, Psychographic said:

I agree with your emoji.

WTH, if it needs to be cleared, it's not a single stage paint. Since when does lacquer NEED to be cleared? What's next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, snap kits, cement required?

I'm not sure I would buy paint from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Maybe they mean "single component paint" as in "no hardener needed"?

Just so you all know,  stuff went down between the member and Gravity paints,  the logo he is using is from Dose Of Color that he changed up a bit.

You can read about it here

But per this post made by Mate Mayer of Gravity Paints

Mate Mayer yes, and trying to advertise a product that doesnt even exist yet with an existing product

https://www.facebook.com/mate.mayer.3?ref=br_rs

Edited by martinfan5

13 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Just so you all know,  stuff went down between the member and Gravity paints,  the logo he is using is from Dose Of Color that he changed up a bit.

You can read about it here

But per this post made by Mate Mayer of Gravity Paints

Mate Mayer yes, and trying to advertise a product that doesnt even exist yet with an existing product

https://www.facebook.com/mate.mayer.3?ref=br_rs

both his personal page and Gravity Paints USA are deactivated or deleted from FB. I know they were up a day or two ago

3 hours ago, Quick GMC said:

both his personal page and Gravity Paints USA are deactivated or deleted from FB. I know they were up a day or two ago

That is odd, they were both there yesterday when I made that post, I dont know whats going on.

The Website is still up though.

1 minute ago, martinfan5 said:

Um, no I dont, last I checked, you cant get automotive colors in nail polish, but thanks anyways.

With the many colors available in nail polish, you should be able to make your own color that could be very close to match any automotive color.

31 minutes ago, Psychographic said:

With the many colors available in nail polish, you should be able to make your own color that could be very close to match any automotive color.

Ive tried nail polish many times , many different brands/thinners and could never get it work.

Why bother with what appears to be a "questionable" new paint company. We have many choices already available:

Gravity Colors - Awesome service, never had problems. Can't comment on others experience.
Scale Finishes - Jameston always come through with awesome paint. I have never had to wait longer than 3-4 weeks for order to ship, most often within a 1-2 weeks.
Zero Paints - North American retailer is http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/index.php?id_category=1123&controller=category&n=517. Matthew gets orders out immediately if in stock, otherwise the wait for out of stock or custom colors is a 1 or 2 weeks.
MCW - no experience with them

Mike, no disrespect, but I would consider Gravity Colors a bit questionable as well due to the recent issues with all the other members. I personally haven't had an issue with Mate, and if he would return my emails I would love to order more paint. I have never did business with Scale Finishes, but similar issues have been noted on this forum as well. I have ordered from Hobby World USA (Zero Paints) and very impressed! However it seems they are always out of what I'm after.... MCW has been in the game for a long time...but no modern colors... Please if there is a company that can be recommend I'm all in! If not I suppose Im waiting for a Zero Paints shipment. For the record, Im not trashing any business, life happens, somethings become less important. I get it. I would just like to find a solution.....

• Xingu locked this topic