Model Cars Magazine Forum

Splash Paints - Website Up!

On 3/20/2018 at 7:36 PM, peteski said:

Maybe they mean "single component paint" as in "no hardener needed"?

On 3/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, Psychographic said:

I agree with your emoji.

WTH, if it needs to be cleared, it's not a single stage paint. Since when does lacquer NEED to be cleared? What's next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, snap kits, cement required?

I'm not sure I would buy paint from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Hi guys! 

Yep.  No hardener necessary!  

On 3/20/2018 at 8:53 PM, martinfan5 said:

Just so you all know,  stuff went down between the member and Gravity paints,  the logo he is using is from Dose Of Color that he changed up a bit.

You can read about it here

But per this post made by Mate Mayer of Gravity Paints

Mate Mayer yes, and trying to advertise a product that doesnt even exist yet with an existing product

https://www.facebook.com/mate.mayer.3?ref=br_rs

I won't be talking a lot about this here because I like to keep my mouth limited.  All I can say here is that I was mistreated very badly fed up with all the lies that I was told and I don't think I need to explain to prove this.. I have pages of proofs to post but I don't feel like wasting my time on this matter.  I will be just focusing on customer satisfaction only. One of my friends was telling me how his email sent a week ago was not answered while I was getting trolled by "so and so" with harassment and threats.  I would filter things very carefully if someone that is basically proven to be unreliable throws you some information.. I will no longer touch up on this any further.

Edited by Samuel S

44 minutes ago, Samuel S said:

Hi guys! 

Yep.  No hardener necessary!  

That is not the definition of a single stage paint. This makes me wonder if you know enough about your paints to help someone who might buy it and have a problem with using your products.

To reassure the people who would want to purchase from you, could you tell us your background of selling or working with paint so they can trust you have knowledge of the products you are selling.

1 hour ago, Psychographic said:

That is not the definition of a single stage paint. This makes me wonder if you know enough about your paints to help someone who might buy it and have a problem with using your products.

To reassure the people who would want to purchase from you, could you tell us your background of selling or working with paint so they can trust you have knowledge of the products you are selling.

I think I put up single stage paint in my own very definition and that is my mistake to confuse the customers. I will fix them to basecoat.  The reason why I said single stage is because  Splash offers 2 stage colors as well. base solid coat and a mid coat. Usually found in Pearl colors for the paints that I provide. I didn't mean to say it doesn't require clearcoat by saying single stage which is the proper definition of not requiring clearcoat just like you are mentioned.  So I will fix it by switching to basecoat on the website.

My background is building model cars with lacquer paints for past 4 years or so and presenting my work on Youtube since 16'.  I am very young compared to most of the enthusiast that is in this hobby but I hope that my experience isn't underestimated.  I am more than confident that my customers will be happy with the quality product and especially better quality service that I strive to provide that differentiates Splash Paints from the competitors.  If there are any issues customers have with paints,  I am more than willing to help out and resolve issues for 100% satisfaction.  

Sam

Edited by Samuel S

That's not a 2 stage system. A base, tint or pearl coat, and clear is a 3 stage system, commonly known as a Tri-coat.

I'm  not trying to be mean, but it's quite obvious you don't have any knowledge about what you are selling. You claim your knowledge of paint is using lacquer and having youtube videos. Neither of these gives you any credibility in the paint field. My suggestion to you would be  to research  your products  so it at least sounds like you know what you are selling.

It seems there are not many sources for paint that are both reliable and have any kind of customer support. I wish you luck with your adventure.

I have used both Gravity and Zero paints. Like them both, but Gravity has had shipping issues for months now. I have used Zero from Hobbyworld since Mathew started carrying it. If it's not in stock he will have it for you in his next shipment from Zero. Fast shipping and great customer service. It's only my opinion, but Splash will have a hard time competing with a company with a proven track record and quality product like Zero Paints. As an aside, free shipping on orders $99+? Not sure many people are going to be ordering over $100 in paint from an unknown company, especially those who have been burned by Gravity.

Edited by T-bone
added more to the topic

4 hours ago, Samuel S said:

I won't be talking a lot about this here because I like to keep my mouth limited.  All I can say here is that I was mistreated very badly fed up with all the lies that I was told and I don't think I need to explain to prove this.. I have pages of proofs to post but I don't feel like wasting my time on this matter.  I will be just focusing on customer satisfaction only. One of my friends was telling me how his email sent a week ago was not answered while I was getting trolled by "so and so" with harassment and threats.  I would filter things very carefully if someone that is basically proven to be unreliable throws you some information.. I will no longer touch up on this any further.

There are three sides to every story,   and the way things are going with Gravity, who knows what to believe these days.

Just for the record, I was not accusing you of anything, just sharing information , you have every right to tell your side of what that was all about.

Edited by martinfan5

23 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Interesting, every single color Splash is selling , are the same exact colors Gravity colors was/is selling,  hmm , stuff isnt adding up here.

The names are directly from the manufactures.  You can look those names up and paint reference will come up.  Many of the paint that are offered are not available on GravityColors

37 minutes ago, T-bone said:

I have used both Gravity and Zero paints. Like them both, but Gravity has had shipping issues for months now. I have used Zero from Hobbyworld since Mathew started carrying it. If it's not in stock he will have it for you in his next shipment from Zero. Fast shipping and great customer service. It's only my opinion, but Splash will have a hard time competing with a company with a proven track record and quality product like Zero Paints. As an aside, free shipping on orders $99+? Not sure many people are going to be ordering over $100 in paint from an unknown company, especially those who have been burned by Gravity.

Hey John, do you know how often he gets orders from Zero ?

44 minutes ago, T-bone said:

I never force or ask my customers to purchase such amount.  It is out there as an option that I am able to offer to customers that are willing to buy my products at such amount. This is a brand new company and I don't expect to see that number anytime soon.  I only offer priority mail because of the insurance and speed of the service.  I take customer feedback very seriously.  If someone doesn't like something I am more than willing to change. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Horsepower said:

Sam, I'll try your product...website up?

Yes website has been running since tuesday. Thanks for your interest.

Edited by Samuel S

12 minutes ago, Samuel S said:

The names are directly from the manufactures.  You can look those names up and paint reference will come up.  Many of the paint that are offered are not available on GravityColors

You need to understand that its not very easy for some  to believe you , or to believe you are being legit with all the things that were said, and some I even witnessed my self watching some of your videos,  I would love to hear your side of what Mate said.   This isnt personal , this is business, make me want to trust you enough to give you my money.

Tell me, what type of paint mixing machine are you using ?

Edited by martinfan5

22 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

You need to understand that its not very easy for some  to believe you , or to believe you are being legit with all the things that were said, and some I even witnessed my self watching some of your videos,  I would love to hear your side of what Mate said.   This isnt personal , this is business, make me want to trust you enough to give you my money.

Tell me, what type of paint mixing machine are you using ?

I am not here to fight people but to share what I have available. It is up to you to decide to buy them or not.  You will see them hitting social media very soon.  I don't want to cause trouble between companies.  But it's all the stuff you probably heard from different people being told lies such as computer system being down and it was "shipped" but never provides tracking numbers, in reality, things were just fine... I took care of emails for a couple of days for him and I was instructed to inform customers that the email system was having issues.  I don't want to cut down on any company to start drama and I will not discuss this matter anymore.  Please feel free to ask any other questions that are related to Splash Paints.  

• Xingu locked this topic