Model Cars Magazine Forum

I picked up this 1964 Thunderbolt on Saturday from Hobby Lobby. Read the box after I got home, skill level 5, should be ok. Next it said build time 7 hours, pretty near split my pants laughing at the 7 hours. I must assume they assembled the model without painting or any detailing. Takes me that long to go over the instructions & get things ready to start.

PC060024.JPG

Not to sure about the Level 5 rating. I understand that Revell has changed their method. The earlier issue that I have is #85-7679 that was listed as a Thunderbolt Street Machine and is listed as a Level 2. From my personal experience, and what I have seen from other builders on the forum, it is a very good kit with several building options and not a difficult one to build. As for the 7 hours. I usually have that much time in test fitting various assemblies and body prep. I have know idea what you have in mind for your build but I think you will enjoy this kit. Maybe you will share your build on the forum.   

I picked up the same kit and thought the exact same thing!  I guess if you dont address injector pin marks and mold lines and just glue it together and dont paint it, I MIGHT be able to do it in 7 hours!  LOL  ......At first Im thinking I am a painfully slow builder.....Which according to this box I am.  It takes me 1-2 months to complete a build and that is if I have no major problems with the paint.

I'm thinking stock. When I buy these sort of drag cars, it is usually to do the stock version, as they can be hard to find. I'm thinking black with red interior. I tend to check the internet for original colors & combos before deciding on the paint scheme. My problem is finding the time to build. I have a dedicated work bench, paint booth etc. , but as most of you  probably know, free weekend time is usually taken up with the wife's ideas of fun.