Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've had this 50 chevy for a minute. I clearly had no real direction for it. I've painted 3 cars yellow in my whole life. Only one of them came out okay. It was an integra. The other a viper. Not good. Ended up going star spangled blue instead. I don' know why I try so hard for yellow..  maybe on the right year camaro. And the right shade. Also could see it on a 57 bel air. . Anyhow..... turning this......

20180319_201828.jpg

20180319_210923.jpg

20180319_211459.jpg

20180319_211101.jpg

20180319_211451.jpg

Looks like you're off to a good start. A thought on your photos. I would try to avoid placing your model or any part of it on or near carpeting. The plastic seems to easily build static electricity and it will attract minuscule fibers from the carpet. You usually don't realize how much until you try and paint your project. A lesson learned the hard way.   

On 3/20/2018 at 10:58 AM, espo said:

Looks like you're off to a good start. A thought on your photos. I would try to avoid placing your model or any part of it on or near carpeting. The plastic seems to easily build static electricity and it will attract minuscule fibers from the carpet. You usually don't realize how much until you try and paint your project. A lesson learned the hard way.   

Indeed. I have a bad habit of sitting in my living room floor.... But I usually build on a piece of foam board. I just happened to mock this up a little to show. 

• 2 weeks later...