Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need some wheel ID help

My guess would be they are Jackman wheels. Hard to tell if they are white or not, but they kind of look like they are, and Jackman was heavy into off-road wheels during the time this pic was probably taken (1975-1977 or so?). The wheels seem to have more than the usual six or eight spokes, though, and the empty slots are mush narrower and the spokes much more curved than what is normally seen. Any idea what width the wheels were? 8" or maybe even 10"? 10" wide would explain the excessive curvature of the spokes.

I can't think of a kit which has wheels like this, in such a wide width, though.

Edited by Casey

2 hours ago, Casey said:

My guess would be they are Jackman wheels. Hard to tell if they are white or not, but they kind of look like they are, and Jackman was heavy into off-road wheels during the time this pic was probably taken (1975-1977 or so?). The wheels seem to have more than the usual six or eight spokes, though, and the empty slots are mush narrower and the spokes much more curved than what is normally seen. Any idea what width the wheels were? 8" or maybe even 10"? 10" wide would explain the excessive curvature of the spokes.

I can't think of a kit which has wheels like this, in such a wide width, though.

They're either at least 10" wide or have a crazy offset and they where white. You're close on the timeframe, this is my parents in 1978. In the larger picture you can see the Superdome in the background.