Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Junior Johnson Chevy

MarkJ

Finally finished this one after 3 months. It actually took 263.5 hours to complete. I believe that is the longest I've ever taken to complete a model. 31.5 of those hours were for the decal sheets. I used Tamiya paint, P.P. P. tires and wheels, and the decal sheets are testors clear sheet because this is a white car. I also used evergreen styrene sheets, tubes, strips and rods for the scratchbuilt items. If you want to see how the model came together click on this link    http://www.shorttrackmodels.com/index.php?topic=654.0
63jun14.jpg

63jun2.jpg

63jun16.jpg

63jun18.jpg

63jun20.jpg

63jun7.jpg

63jun24.jpg
Edited by MarkJ

Thanks, guys for all the kind words about the build. I've always wanted to do this subject and when I saw the beginnings of someone else's  build, it gave me the inspiration to go ahead and do it. I wanted to do this version of the car, because the car that actually won two 400 mile races toward the end of the season looked more like this one.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ClayK said:

Great job Mark. That baby sits "just right"! Beautiful model.

CK

Mr. Kemp,  I am deeply honored that you took the time to comment on one of my models. I have long admired and respected your work. You are the best there is in model car building and held in such high esteem for your expertise.  Thank you so much the kind words.                                  

You are most welcome Mark. I really don't have a "home" forum, so I just bounce around and I'm usually not logged in anywhere. But that car was too nice not to comment on.

I'll try to post more here once I get more projects further along.

Clay

2 hours ago, ClayK said:

You are most welcome Mark. I really don't have a "home" forum, so I just bounce around and I'm usually not logged in anywhere. But that car was too nice not to comment on.

I'll try to post more here once I get more projects further along.

Clay

I along with everyone else will be looking forward to seeing your unbelievable builds.  Wips would definitely be welcome, to see how you do what you do.  Thanks again for the  comment on my build. 

I had to repost the pictures because postimage .org became postimage.cc. So my links went bad. I only have hundreds of other pictures out there that need to be reposted  and I don't think I will be doing them all.

• 1 month later...