Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well Spring is on it's way.

NYLIBUD

The weather was fairly nice here last Sunday and one of my friends took out his beautiful '67 GTO for a spin to the local Dog 'N Suds. Maybe I'll see him at lunch tomorrow as us car guys get together once in awhile for lunch during the winter months, or for the Chicago Auto Show, or a trip to an auto museum.

Got about 8 inches of "spring" on my back porch, and they're calling for more tonight. :blink:

Luckily I had one more day of "carryover" vacation from last year I have to use before the end of the quarter (next Friday). Was gonna take next Monday off, but tomorrow works even better. And I've got a '53 Vette project teed up I might be able to kick through the goal posts with about one good day's work on it. B)

6 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Most of the snow in my yard is melted, except for the shaded spots.  Saw a few wildflowers blooming. Got a letter from my yard guy that he will be coming around for Spring cleanup the 2nd week in April. 

Hey,my landscaper came by my house :Ptoday,and he's also coming in two weeks for a spring clean up...Hmmm odd huh.lol

Not quite sure which way to go. Leave the snow blower on the yard tractor or take it off and put on the lawn mower attachment.  With my luck I sure as heck know that which ever way I go will be wrong. It was last year and the year before that. Oh well it has to be done, can't mow the lawn with a snow blower, I don't think.

2 hours ago, espo said:

Last week I switched the Snow Blower with the Lawn Mower. Got it all serviced and ready for the summer. Just watched the weather guy on TV, SNOW on Friday. What the ?

Yup we got a nice amount of snow just a few days ago,and I think that there calling for more.

Ah,they were calling for a minor storm by tomorrow.3-5 inches.But now it's going to be rain.I actually wanted one more snow storm.Nothing crazy.There wasn't enough snow to really do any good wheeling in my Jeep this winter.

So Thursday night my lovely bride of 33 years this May and I are enjoying a glass of Wine on the deck at the end of the day. The temperature was 68 degrees at 6 P.M. and we are discussing our weekend plans. Friday evening its at 32 degrees and falling, no deck time.  Got to run all your errands today because its supposed to SNOW again Sunday. Don't you just love living in the Mid-West ?

2 hours ago, espo said:

So Thursday night my lovely bride of 33 years this May and I are enjoying a glass of Wine on the deck at the end of the day. The temperature was 68 degrees at 6 P.M. and we are discussing our weekend plans. Friday evening its at 32 degrees and falling, no deck time.  Got to run all your errands today because its supposed to SNOW again Sunday. Don't you just love living in the Mid-West ?

Yes I do, as if I had lived elsewhere I'd be subjected to hurricanes, tornadoes, mudslides, wildfires, drought, etc.

2 hours ago, High octane said:

Yes I do, as if I had lived elsewhere I'd be subjected to hurricanes, tornadoes, mudslides, wildfires, drought, etc.

Half my life has been spent in different parts of both southern and northern California. The things I miss are the Santa Ana winds, extreme drought, and the burning season when the whole country side is ablaze. Then course an Earth Quake every now and then was always exciting.  When we left the sentiment at 20 years ago was "The last tax payer out turn off the lights" .  Nice to visit but just couldn't afford to live there anymore.