Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Loadstar Brush Truck is Finished

All of the final details and such have been added to the build and it is done as of today.  Electronic speakers on front bumper, LED's under the headlights, directional lights on the cowl, hardhats, axe, McLeod tool on top of the hose body and shovels next to the tank.  The gold and black rectangle next to the 127 on the rear is a dedication plaque that was put on the truck at the time it was rehabbed in 2013.

112.thumb.JPG.c49f0c316f938755da896b2ad0310170.JPG113.thumb.JPG.4a291b1d0951935fd53d661a52c7377f.JPG118.thumb.JPG.2f7adda91ab9babfe48713a05c53c09a.JPG122.thumb.JPG.0c9c13d5296e768bb447d4177613dd01.JPG115.thumb.JPG.15c4614dca14b803334562f94542374e.JPG123.thumb.JPG.a083c887aea65938d5b8fe623fc4cf0b.JPG

Bravo Charles! Another outstanding replica finished to your usual, impeccable standards. There's just so many interesting visual elements to this truck that each view offers something new to admire. 

I really enjoy following your builds and can totally relate how you create a build sequence in your head long before you actually begin work. For me that's half the fun; figuring out not only what to do but how to go about doing it. You have truly mastered that and it comes across in your posts as a seemingly perfect balance of subject matter, materials and technique. 

I'm certainly not alone wondering when your next build will commence and what its subject matter will be. 

Take care and please carry on! 

Mike 

1 minute ago, mikemodeler said:

Absolutely beautiful and a work of art! Your builds always amaze me with the details and accuracy you include in them.

Are you still planning to build a wrecker with one of these cabs?

If I can get photos of the color scheme of one that was used locally I would.  Had a Holmes 600 wrecker body.  It was blue and white but I can't remember exactly how the paint was laid out.  Maybe some day I will run across one for reference.

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!! And all from scratch too! WOW!!! Your work is amazing!!

I'm looking forward to the Gold Comet. I'm assuming that it used the old Reo 6 cylinder Gold Comet engine? I'm wanting to build a White 9000 gas burner and the best that I can tell is the the White gas engine was an updated Reo Gold Comet engine.