Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Bonneville

restoman

Just finished this one.

Built pretty much box stock, with the addition of clear head and park lamps,  a column shift lever and a filler panel 'tween the bumper and rad saddle.

Painted in Ford Toreador Red base/clear urethane. Pictures don't do justice to the colour: it's gorgeous in real life.

A pretty simple kit but it was fun building it. I wish it came with a four barrel and auto instead of the Tri-Power and four speed, but for what it is, I'm happy with it.

Comments always welcome.

bonne fin 1.jpg

bonne fin 2.jpg

bonne fin 3.jpg

bonne fin 4.jpg

bonne fin 5.jpg

bonne fin 6.jpg

bonne fin 7.jpg

bonne fin 8.jpg

Looks great and I love the colour.

Like Tom (above) I was slightly appalled at the front treatment on the 70 - compared to its predecessors - but it has since grown on me and it's good to have at least one affordable big Pontiac convertible in plastic.

What a great looking Convertible. You're right about the color, it looks great and has a very smooth finish. I have had one of these kits looking out at me from the "TO Do" pile beside my desk and a sort of shared your idea of the type of build.  

3 hours ago, landman said:

Like they said above, a super build. And, looking at your pictures it is hard to believe we are in the same province. Did you get any snow at all?

Yeah... we've had more than usual this year, the last two dumps were wet and heavy. The top of the hot tub is clear, but there's still a couple inches of the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH in the shadows of the yard. :)

Thanks for all the kind words. I enjoyed building the Bonne.

It's not the greatest detailed kit, but with a little work I think it can look pretty presentable. The paint colour suits it.

I kept the open roadster stuff to use on a '65 Bonne glue-bomb. We'll see how that one goes... ;)