Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hot Wheels Car Culture and Red Line Club - Mostly Imports

Daddyfink

I have not really looked and I am going from what I am noticing off the first page here, but, there is no talk on Hot Wheels Collectors, Car Culture or Red Line Club, and I wan't to start a thread on these lines. Please feel free to post here anything Hot Wheels or any other of these types of cars in this scale. And yes, they will  be mostly Import Types, but if it is cool, post it up! 

I will kick it off with the hottest stuff at the moment. the Car Culture Box Set that was a Red Line Club Exclusive. This particular set was sold via BRE and it is numbered and signed by Pete Brock of Shelby and Datsun racing fame

s-l1600.jpg

14 minutes ago, madhorseman said:

Would a 1/25 scale Hot Wheel car be of interest here?

Yes Sir!

One of my next "easy builds" is to do just that! Take this.............

5ab6a46f78f1e_SandCrabProject.jpg.bf29b550bacb7115961eedad5c6c33c3.jpg

And turn it into this--------my favorite Hot Wheels of all time..................the Sand Crab! I like the magenta color as the one I have on the far left, but I'm favoring a lot more a purple metallic with a white top.

P9062642-vi.jpg

The wheels I'd like to use are from a junk '65 Chevelle Z-16 kit, and an early attempt at making my own redlines for the tires. Of course this is the old Monogram 'Lil Van kit which I've had for years, and it was originally kitted as the Sand Crab from '69. I have a restorable one of those in the original box, but since this is not as valuable, I'll modify this one.

I'd like some changes to the "roll bar" as well as making a new top, along the lines of the original Hot Wheels. Make the engine more detailed, and get rid of the "emptiness" of the build in general. I have no timeline when I'll start this, but it is an idea I've had for some time, and this thread got me inspired to make a point about it. ;)

5 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Yes Sir!

One of my next "easy builds" is to do just that! Take this.............

5ab6a46f78f1e_SandCrabProject.jpg.bf29b550bacb7115961eedad5c6c33c3.jpg

And turn it into this--------my favorite Hot Wheels of all time..................the Sand Crab! I like the magenta color as the one I have on the far left, but I'm favoring a lot more a purple metallic with a white top.

P9062642-vi.jpg

The wheels I'd like to use are from a junk '65 Chevelle Z-16 kit, and an early attempt at making my own redlines for the tires. Of course this is the old Monogram 'Lil Van kit which I've had for years, and it was originally kitted as the Sand Crab from '69. I have a restorable one of those in the original box, but since this is not as valuable, I'll modify this one.

I'd like some changes to the "roll bar" as well as making a new top, along the lines of the original Hot Wheels. Make the engine more detailed, and get rid of the "emptiness" of the build in general. I have no timeline when I'll start this, but it is an idea I've had for some time, and this thread got me inspired to make a point about it. ;)

Cool, I just posted about this a bit earlier.

DSC00346-vi.jpg

1967 Shelby GT500

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 7:07 AM, Rob Hall said:

Good stuff... I need to get that series.  I recently got the HW Japan Historics Series 2 and the '68 'Original 16' Custom Thunderbird.   Ordered the orange '68 Custom Cougar and the Spoilers King Cuda yesterday. 

I am going to order the Cougar as well, but I just also found out that this series started a while ago and I can seem to find out what I missed out on! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...