[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Sign in to follow this  
spike morelli

Halibrand Quick Change

Any of you guys out there know which kit(s) might have a Halibrand quick change rear end, for early Ford axles, as part of the components? There's got to be a handful, but it's been a while since I've built a kit with one. 

055-tom-mcmullen-roadster-l.a.-roadsters-car-club.jpg

The Red Baron and the Double Dragster kits are a couple.

AMT Double T

AMT Double Dragster

Tom Daniels Pie Wagon

Tom Daniels Paddy Wagon

Revell Orange Crate

...there are more, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind!

The monogram 31 Ford model A

3A27DD52-6DA4-407D-994C-F00573034763.png

Cale, I'm pretty sure the Revell/Monogram '31 sedan doesn't have a quickchange. 

It does have good early axle housings that will fit on the QC center section from the Orange Crate, Double Dragster, etc. 

36 minutes ago, Spex84 said:

Cale, I'm pretty sure the Revell/Monogram '31 sedan doesn't have a quickchange. 

It does have good early axle housings that will fit on the QC center section from the Orange Crate, Double Dragster, etc. 

Correct.

And in this thread, I go into some detail doing just exactly that, as well as fabbing a new rear crossmember for Revell's '32 frames that will let you hang a buggy-sprung rear end.

The Mickey Thompson Challenger kit has 4 quick changes, and the Tony Nancy 22Jr set has a couple of very nice quick changes.

Thanks all of you who responded. It would appear that most of the suggestions are of older kits. Hopefully, I'll rustle up a few. My project just won't allow anything other than a quick change. Looking forward to finally starting it and posting my progress.

Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland has a very nicely done (all of Norm's offerings are top notch) QC in resin.... -RRR