Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Merkur XR4Ti

I really like your 1967 Pontiac Bonneville restoration build Steve, and it is so similar to a car that I used to own, which was a 1968 Pontiac Parisienne. My car was a Canadian right hand drive model with 5.3 litre V8, having pale yellow paintwork and brown vinyl roof, registration number FCK 33. Despite searching all over the Internet for the past year I have not been able to find a 4-door Parisienne kit, only the 2-door versions. Do you know of a 2-door Pontiac kit that would lend itself to a 4-door conversion that would not be too challenging?

Photo of my car here....

David

Pontiac.jpg

On 3/23/2018 at 5:58 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Very nice Steve.

I just finished one myself.

The only real criticism that I have for you, is the fact that the top seams on your vinyl top are way too close together

They should be much closer to the sides.

But this is something that you still might be able to revisit.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback, it's very much appreciated. And I agree, the seams are too close together, it's something I noticed was an issue only after the model was completed. I'll make sure to make the seams further apart on any future builds.

8 hours ago, Merkur XR4Ti said:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback, it's very much appreciated. And I agree, the seams are too close together, it's something I noticed was an issue only after the model was completed. I'll make sure to make the seams further apart on any future builds.

Just an observation Steve.

I personally feel that among the "atta-boys" it's sometimes helpful to receive a little bit of constructive criticism on occasion.

Sometimes we just don't catch things until it's too late.

This is one reason why I like to post projects in the "On the Work Bench" section.

Occasionally someone will catch a mistake & point it out to me while there is still time to fix it.

Steve 

On 3/23/2018 at 8:34 AM, Merkur XR4Ti said:

I bought this as a glue bomb off eBay. It wasn't in great shape, and in some places I couldn't completely save it, but I did strip it down, rebuild and repaint it as best I could.

I still want to know where you COULDN'T save it. It looks perfect to me.

I wish I could find one of those glue bombs. Those Pontiacs were just so unique looking. Maybe someday.

17 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I still want to know where you COULDN'T save it. It looks perfect to me.

I wish I could find one of those glue bombs. Those Pontiacs were just so unique looking. Maybe someday.

Thanks for the compliment! The rear window is still a mess, so I took the picture so you can't see it, LOL.