Model Cars Magazine Forum

T.R.O.G. style '30 roadster-updated 4/9 NSRA pick!!!

Rocking Rodney Rat

11 hours ago, 502 said:

Nice work as always. What are the rear tires from?

Rear tires from this kit, originally by MPC, reissued by AMT, out of production, available on line at your favorite auction site. There are six tires in the kit. The wheels are from the old Monogram (not Revell) '30 Model A coupe kit. -RRR

IMG_3181.JPG

8 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

What's next?

KK and I are getting together next weekend at the NSRA SE Nats in Tampa and will begin work on the Jesse Lopez coupe. The M.A.G.S. model car club has announced that this is their final model car show they will host. :angry:

Here's a pic of a clone of the Jesse Lopez coupe built in Texas. Interestingly enough, no color pictures exist of the original (now long gone) car. We plan on using a '48 Ford body (Revell or Testors, or some of both) with the nose from the AMT '41 woody grafted on....say tuned... -RRR

Image result for jesse lopez coupe

I really like the roadster but even more interested in the next project. I really want to see how you mate the '41 front clip to the '48 coupe. I had a '41 and would like to re-create  it. I have a '41  woody and '48 coupe, just waiting for you guys to show me how to put the two together.