Model Cars Magazine Forum

2018 Arca Toyota W.I.P.

MarkJ

The kit.

2018shelwipftbogu3.jpg

2018shelwipftbogu3.jpg

Doing some changes to the chevy to try to make it look like a 2018 Arca Toyota, which does not look like the nascar version.  Buying the resin Toyota that Is now available would not work for this build.

2018shelwipftbogu1.jpg

2018shelwipftbogu1.jpg

2018shelwipftbogu2.jpg

2018shelwipftbogu2.jpg

Edited by MarkJ

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Mike and Jim but after the news today, I don't even feel like finishing this model. Nascar bought out ARCA so now its going to be not worth watching anymore, just like Nascar is.  They saw how ARCA was gaining popularity and fans so they bought it out to kill it. I'm sure they will force them to have stage racing and a stupid chase so they too can crown a bogus champion. It's a very sad day for true racing.

19 hours ago, bigryan18 said:

After watching the Arca race your rear bumper needs to be smooth

I don't know which race you watched but this is the Daytona car and its different then the short track cars. I know I have the depression, that the 5 small fasteners are in, too deep, and the fasteners are too big, but the bumper is definitely not  flat and smooth. 

2017toyota7_3.jpg

Edited by MarkJ

Thanks for the picture, Ryan. Unfortunately I could never find a rear shot of the car I'm doing in   race livery. I guess they must have tweeked the rear bumper after they did the super speedway test at Talladega and made it smooth. Well as always I get the information too late, because I have already painted the body, and I'm not going to change it. This model is far from accurate, I just wanted it to look somewhat like a Toyota and not just put decals on a chevy body and call it a Toyota. When you do your ARCA Toyota you can get it right.