Model Cars Magazine Forum

This will be my first effort but won't be starting for a bit. This is a small cheap one I will start with. Didn't really want to start with one with sails and rigging but I got this one cheap. ( probably junk ) . I have a better kit on order but wanted to practice with a smaller and cheaper one. 5ab6f5955cbc9_picssaturdeay003.thumb.JPG.447d4eefbab53b2e2bc9e070d6fdfacb.JPG

A staysail schooner, nice. Gonna follow this one.

If the models are anything like the real ones, any time you spend getting the frames just right will pay you back tenfold by the end of the project. It's a principle I've followed on a lot of projects, and it seems to be very true, almost regardless of context. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ya know the old saying “ if I can do it , anyone can do it “ ?  It’s true , get a kit and dive right in . I knew nothing about these but there were guys here that helped me a lot . If you like a challenge or just get out of your comfort zone I can recommend trying one . 

Hey, guys, those wooden ships are neat and I think a nice break from plastic projects.  I look forward to seeing more, Ray.  One day I'd like to try a wood model to represent my dad's J3 Cub that got destroyed in a tornado back in the fifties.  It was a lot of fun to go flying with him as a kid.?