Model Cars Magazine Forum

Curbside 73 Hurst Olds

yellowsportwagon

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Resin copy of the stock 75 chassis. I will be modifying the exhaust  system. I re drilled the axle holes and hacked a bunch out to clear the tires underneath. It’s no contest winner under there for sure.

If you want a good chassis to start from, use the chassis from the AMT 69 442/Hurst Olds. It fits well and is light years from the old Johan snap kit.

Plus, if you start from the Hurst, you'll already have the 455 engine.

On 4/29/2018 at 6:47 PM, yellowsportwagon said:

Hood don’t open anyway so curbsidevis fine by me. Just gonna sit on a shelf anyway.

Same here Tim....I love the curbside ones just as much as the full detailed kits...they all can be built into great looking models...just look at this one.   Our old 73 was the same as the one your building sure brings back good memories for me.

27 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

That is nice Tim. I like the second wheels better, even though I cringed when I was reading you changed them. 

I didn’t even know the big Olds SSII wheels were made until after the other wheels were on it. I saw the Olds wheels and said”Now that is exactly the look I’m after .”