Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 367 - Finished

This I was looking for car from a Company that is well know for the 6 wheeled car and a car that looked like a Morgan. I speaking about Panther Westwinds. The were known for the  J72, Lima, Kallista and the awesome Six. But the also had built this weeks car as well. From 1975 - 1977 they built (depending on the sources) 35 - 38 Panther Rio. This car was based on the Triumph Dolomite or Dolomite Sprint. It was planed as a small but luxorious car. 

autoquiz 367.jpg

Edited by carsntrucks4you

That's one of those Cortinas with fiberglass add-on stuff from a company called Roll's Roice. It was so bad of a trademark infringement that even Enzo Ferrari hit the Roice company with a cease-and-desist lawsuit threat. Looks like the owner of this one forgot to put the stainless steel topper on the grille shell.

On 30.3.2018 at 5:33 AM, Russell C said:

That's one of those Cortinas with fiberglass add-on stuff from a company called Roll's Roice. It was so bad of a trademark infringement that even Enzo Ferrari hit the Roice company with a cease-and-desist lawsuit threat. Looks like the owner of this one forgot to put the stainless steel topper on the grille shell.

Pleaseno suggestions or hints in this quiz about the car. 

BTW false answer

In fairness the rest of the car does look typically 70s Triumph, the sheet aluminium work on the front end of the car (hand beaten) rather spoils the lines...

The Sprint version had a 16 valve 2 litre 4-pot with twin carbs and around 130 bhp, quite a big deal for it's class in those days! Universally known in my peer group as Dollies.