Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Sox and Martin Roadrunner

9 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

I might. But will be the weekend before I can do my files.

Best I remember it's a bench seat .

Silver with black inserts

thank you!,  no rush, i have a few models going and i want to have all my reference photos ready! 

10 hours ago, marv13 said:

thank you!,  no rush, i have a few models going and i want to have all my reference photos ready! 

....Hot Rod magazine Dec 67 has an article, and shows a pic of the interior.....it was all stock, vinyl silver/black bench seat, large mechanical SW tach mounted in the centre of steering column, Hurst Comp/ Plus type shifter with line lock  and I think the reverse lock out lever too....a gauge cluster was present as well, I think....I no longer have that magazine, but remember details well as I owned a truly mint 68 'runner for many years, and Sox and Martin were my favorites of all time...hope this helps....the Ace...:D

19 minutes ago, AC Norton said:

....Hot Rod magazine Dec 67 has an article, and shows a pic of the interior.....it was all stock, vinyl silver/black bench seat, large mechanical SW tach mounted in the centre of steering column, Hurst Comp/ Plus type shifter with line lock  and I think the reverse lock out lever too....a gauge cluster was present as well, I think....I no longer have that magazine, but remember details well as I owned a truly mint 68 'runner for many years, and Sox and Martin were my favorites of all time...hope this helps....the Ace...:D

wow thank you, ill try to find pictures! 

1 hour ago, marv13 said:

wow thank you, ill try to find pictures! 

.....Also keep in mind in those days the rear seat and all stock interior components were required by NHRA rules...no roll bar either, so remember that if you use reference pictures from so-called ' restored' or clone racers of this car from the last many years, they could have any combo of parts and pieces with full roll cages and such, wheel tubs, you name it, and will not reflect the original idea you are after.....just a thought....the Ace...;)

On 3/29/2018 at 6:33 PM, AC Norton said:

.....Also keep in mind in those days the rear seat and all stock interior components were required by NHRA rules...no roll bar either, so remember that if you use reference pictures from so-called ' restored' or clone racers of this car from the last many years, they could have any combo of parts and pieces with full roll cages and such, wheel tubs, you name it, and will not reflect the original idea you are after.....just a thought....the Ace...;)

i wasnt going to put a roll bar in and i managed to find an engine shot in a grainy youtube video! 

• 4 weeks later...

I have pictures and the article on that. I will see what I can do. I am not very computer savvy. and on that hemi art kit, the cross ram is wrong. one side is higher than the other. you can get a cross ram out of the AMY road runner, super bee or GTX. if you cant find one, send me a PM, I have plenty.

a quick search came up with a little more info and a shot of the interior about half way down. remember, these cars were given to S and M in late 67 for the 68 campaign. I believe the article references that.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...