Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beverly Hills Cop Nova

spencer1984

• 3 weeks later...

I've been away from this for a while thanks to other priorities taking over, but I was able to get back to work on it today!

bhcnova15.jpg.866ca49e1fe670f80aadd2e076de5e37.jpg

bhcnova16.jpg.0cc6d174ff16a1cb3ad6dbebc16d46f4.jpg

The body trim has all been added, using a combination of Model Car Garage parts, styrene stock, tape, foil, and a set of door handles from Fireball Modelworks.  Once that was done it was on to weathering - both to add the required gunk and also to reproduce the faded and dusty color.

Thanks, guys! This year has been a string of weird stuff vying for my attention, including work, house, and weather, so my build schedule is even more out of whack than usual. I'd like to say that things will even out once we get into summer, but it was snowing here today so who knows :blink:

Thanks, guys!

3 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

And you had snow yesterday?What state do you live in?

It didn't amount to much, but yeah - flurries mixed in with the rain.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 80s.  Gotta love NY weather!

I'm guessing that you live very up state.

17 minutes ago, FabbricaP said:

Love it, I can almost hear Axel Foley

"Yea can you park this somewhere safe,all this stuff happened last time I parked here....A banana in the tail pipe."

:lol: I was thinking about trying to make a bag for the front seat, but need to go back and watch the movie for a plan of it.

Some of my family lived in Massena, so I'd say we're more central–in the woods about a half hour/45 minutes from Albany.  But any time a forecast includes "hill towns will receive...," that's us.

Got a bit more done over the weekend. The transmission is a B-N-L Resins Powerglide, and fit the MCW engine perfectly. Also made an exhaust from 0.080" rod stock and the crossover muffler/tailpipe from the original kit. Once that was done I could get the rear axle in, so now I can add the wheels.

bhcnova17.jpg.819bb53a4f1a15aea7976058e4d06626.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The details on the engine and chassis is outstanding. The interior almost looks to nice in relationship to the exterior, but I wouldn't change it. I have to go rent that movie again and see if it's still as funny as when I saw it last.

• 4 years later...