Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Super Street '69 Camaro

I'm getting all the parts together for a replica of the old D'Agostino / Scavo Super Street Camaro.  I have collected a huge amount of parts from Shapeways.  The quality of their stuff is great.  I'm currently working with them to 3D print a set of the Weld Alumastar wheels for me.  I'll add as I build and collect parts.

Scan_Pic0144 (3).jpg

Scan_Pic0144 (4).jpg

Scan_Pic0144 (5).jpg

Scan_Pic0144 (6).jpg

scavo.jpg

scavo's 69.jpg

!Bu-nsjwBGk~$(KGrHqV,!jEEv1+0MqEEBMCr31sVjg~~_1.jpg

Edited by camarobuilder

12 hours ago, Steve Osbourne said:

Hey Frank...I am so looking forward to your build. I've built this kit once before  - basically stock  and pre-3D printing & pre-Foose and am a big fan of 3D Model Specialties and TDR Innovations as far as they are offering to the big scale modelling community.

Camaro-17.jpg

Camaro-22.jpg

Camaro-20.jpg

Camaro-13.jpg

Nice build!

On 4/5/2018 at 9:32 AM, camarobuilder said:

Ron Olsen, from 3D printing does custom stuff.  He's also from Shapeways.  He's doing my custom wheels and throttle body.  Just because you don't see a part available, you may want to ask.  Ron has a huge amount of things that aren't on the site.

30020093_1512930622167134_490303040_n.png

Without a doubt.Shapeways has some really excellent products.Like I said,I've bought some great pro mod cars from them,and I look forward to see what other drag parts will become available.

10 hours ago, blackbeard said:

great looking parts , is that a ford 9 inch rear end

Yup.  Backbraced Ford 9".  Ron Olsen definitely helped a ton!  He created many parts I needed, from pictures I sent.  He did the wheels, throttle body, fuel pressure regulator, and some other stuff, for this build.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1012599618789756/

• 3 weeks later...