Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Figoni & Falaschi bug has bitten again

Pico

I've scratchbuilt several Figoni & Falaschi designed cars - a Talbot Lago "Teardrop" and a Delahaye 165 - and I've always wanted to produce this one, a Delahaye 135 cabriolet with a body style know as the Paris Show Car series. The series is a dozen cars built from 1936 to 1946, all along roughly the same design, following the original car, shown at the 1936 Paris Auto Show. That car is the same one that won best of show at Pebble Beach in 2000, when ZoomZoom and I attended. As the design is similiar to the TL "Teardrop", I made a cast of it and chopped to top off and filled the wheel openings with Aves Studio Apoxie Sculpt. Looks rough with much work to be done but I'm in no hurry. Deadline is November 3, 2018, the Southern Nationals NNL, in Smyrna, Ga. I hope to see everyone there. Here's a video:

DSCN8214.JPG

I have seen many of these cars at concours events and at R-M. This car is different in that it has minimal bright trim. I didn't call it chrome as some of it was polished stainless steel :) I have the Heller Delahaye and Bugatti and they are interesting kits but yours will be unique and much better! Thanks for sharing. 

On 3/28/2018 at 8:36 PM, Howard Cohen said:

I have seen many of these cars at concours events and at R-M. This car is different in that it has minimal bright trim. I didn't call it chrome as some of it was polished stainless steel :) I have the Heller Delahaye and Bugatti and they are interesting kits but yours will be unique and much better! Thanks for sharing. 

I couldn't agree more.  This will be another masterpiece.