Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Figoni & Falaschi bug has bitten again

Pico

Beautiful motor cars from that period, and even if they are not to everyone's taste, you cannot fail to appreciate their sheer beauty in design. The Bentley Mark VI Drophead Coupe from 1947 by Franay is of the same genre and only available as a diecast.

David

• 2 weeks later...

After a considerable amount of eyeball engineering and head scratching, I've decided the rear trunk area is too high, top of the doors are too low, Front fenders are too tall and not long enough. It seems fairly late in the project for this much rework but it wasn't close enough.

DSCN8246.JPG

I am surprised that after using those clever templates the  fender profiles made from photos of the real car would be anything less than perfect. I of course trust your eye and judgment but I was wondering how that would be anything less than a perfect method. Just curious.

• 3 weeks later...

After a break due to other projects and a short vacation, I'm back on refining the shape. Shooting black over white primer and then sanding reveals ridges and valleys  that need to be filled or sanded down.

DSCN8280.JPG

It is time to think about decals and the raised areas the decals go on. I put an image of the car in Sketchup, sized it to 1/24th, and using the circle, arc and bezier curve tools, drew the decal shapes. Next I will print these, cut them out and fit them on the model, seeing if they need to be adjusted. The rear fender decoration is different from the front and has yet to be drawn.

Delahaye 135 F&F decal artwork 4 11 18 image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Most louvers are now on, so it's time for the interior. Because of the difficulty of making the tuck and roll upholstery, I decided to design it in Sketchup and have it 3d printed. I'm pleased with the door panels and now am working on the seats.

Delahaye F&F interior door panel 5 30 18 image.png