Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Construction Bulldozer

Casey

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 6:30 AM, Bennyg said:

Any news on availability of decals and photoetch for the dozer?

Ben

Jerry at Modeltruckin.com has the original decal sheet.

Jamie Rahmoeller has the brass etch set for it. Moluminum.com it’s not on his site I don’t think. Just contact him through the site.

On 5/14/2018 at 4:04 PM, hpiguy said:

Enjoyed every second of mine.
Three types of grill decals, three construction companies on the decal sheet too.

Are the tracks hard styrene or are they made from the flexible type plastic like the original?

8 hours ago, Ben said:

Jerry at Modeltruckin.com has the original decal sheet.

Jamie Rahmoeller has the brass etch set for it. Moluminum.com it’s not on his site I don’t think. Just contact him through the site.

Thanks mate

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

This is a must get for me!

Had the original release only to have my wife's little brothers find it stored in their garage and play with it!:lol:

Mine will have to look like it just came out of the rebuild shop. No way I can do that kind of weathering!B)

On 5/31/2018 at 11:54 PM, kilrathy10 said:

Both 3000 toys and Megahobby, now have them....I just received mine.....

20180531_233132.jpg

20180531_232952.jpg

Hey JT, are the tracks made from hard styrene plastic or flexible vinyl plastic?

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

According to this review on the original issue kit, written in 2007, the track shoes are vinyl. Probably the same this time around.

That’s why I need to know on this specific kit. There was one issue that did come with hard styrene tracks. The reason I ask is that paint doesn’t like adhering to that vinyl plastic.

I just read through this thread and pulled out a 2nd or 3rd release kit, circa 15 years ago, The treads were vinyl and I saw why the cleat is so large. The cleat is the part of the shoe where the connection is made to make up the track that is why it is so large. I experimented and found a way to shave the cleat down but can't thin it due to the connecting engineering under the track shoe. I plan on posting a 'how to' which worked for me. Guess my Fire Department is going to get a bulldozer.

greg

1 hour ago, GLMFAA1 said:

I just read through this thread and pulled out a 2nd or 3rd release kit, circa 15 years ago, The treads were vinyl and I saw why the cleat is so large. The cleat is the part of the shoe where the connection is made to make up the track that is why it is so large. I experimented and found a way to shave the cleat down but can't thin it due to the connecting engineering under the track shoe. I plan on posting a 'how to' which worked for me. Guess my Fire Department is going to get a bulldozer.

greg

I have every issue ever released until this one. Gonna get one soon though. Out of all the issues I have, only one has hard styrene tracks. I think it was the previous issue before this one, in the blue box.